April 16, 2024, 12:26:01 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Malaysia Flight 370  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Malaysia Flight 370
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:12:21 AM »
Any thoughts or theories on what happened to the missing flight 370?   

My theory is this:

Most likely scenario is a cockpit fire similar to what happened to EgyptAir Flight B772 in 2011. A massive catastrophic fire in the crew cabin that destroyed the controls and electronics, made the windows impossible to see through, burnt a hole right through the planes metal. The crew would have no way to communicate with the ground…and no way to control the aircraft. The plane would be full of smoke and they’d all basically just be stuck sitting in the airplane praying until it crashed. In the EgyptAir incident they never 100% nailed down the cause but it was suspected to be a bad oxygen hose attachment combined with some short circuit….but the oxygen leak fueled the fire and made it impossible to put out.

In the EgyptAir incident it took place on the ground and it took 90 minutes for firefighters to put the blaze out even though they were on the scene within minutes. If this happened at 35,000 feet…all would be lost.

Here’s a link to a related article on it. It would explain everything…the transponders going out, etc.
http://avherald.com/h?article=44078aa7/0000&opt=0

Let's hear your thoughts.  It's most likely a tragic story and I'm not hopeful for a happy ending...but I guess anything is possible...

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Comp

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysia Flight 370
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:24:11 AM »
it now appears ACARS and tracking systems were switched off at different times, while plane was inflight. than MUST have been done in the cockpit, so my guess is hijacked by flight crew, or terrorists???

The Yanks know more, but will keep silent, because they don't want people to know the monitoring capabilities they have......

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:31:58 AM »
Mothers the word, if a successful rescue Roberts your mothers brother.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
it now appears ACARS and tracking systems were switched off at different times, while plane was inflight. than MUST have been done in the cockpit, so my guess is hijacked by flight crew, or terrorists???

The Yanks know more, but will keep silent, because they don't want people to know the monitoring capabilities they have......

From what I've read the transponder and different parts of the ACARS can fail separately if there's a fire or short circuits going on in the plane.  Apparently ACARS isn't just one thing but a series of different systems...there's a good article about how a catastrophic event could cause all the different shutdowns and turns and changes in altitude on CNN today.

Also, Malaysia has backtracked on their assertion that the last contact with the pilots was after the systems were shut down.  Now they're saying the ACARS sends info every 30 minutes and they received the last contact before the last conversation with the pilots.   But they never got the next one 30 minutes later.  So since the transponder went out 2 minutes after the last convo with the pilots it's conceivable the ACARS systems went out after that contact as well.   

If there's one thing I've learned following this whole thing it's that Malaysia is definitely over their head in handling an investigation of this size.   They release erroneous or misleading info and apparently are refusing to cooperate with either the Chinese or the US FBI.   I think they're just trying to cover their butts.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman