April 18, 2024, 05:01:46 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Stuck at Google Screen won't do anything HELP  (Read 14270 times)

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck at Google Screen won't do anything HELP
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
Where you say  did all the button presses and everything, does that include getting to the recovery menu and doing  factory reset?

If you can't get the boot loader unlocked, I don't think you can flash a new boot loader or factory image.

However, from recovery you may be able to side load an ota without unlocking, unsure.

sent by mirrorflash Morse code

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 11:00:11 AM »
If its recovery that's hosed, you need to flash twrp or cwm recovery. I wonder if they will sideload?

Offline Cr8zyJay

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »
If its recovery that's hosed, you need to flash twrp or cwm recovery. I wonder if they will sideload?

Ok here is my update on what's going on. I did everything this site has said http://theunlockr.com/2012/09/21/how-to-hard-reset-a-bricked-nexus-7-with-your-pc/

And everything works great until I get to the unlock part. Everything goes perfect until I get to the Unlocking and I get that FAILED <remote <unknown error>> message. So I tried to update and everything on that seemed to work until it said FAILED Bootloader version 4.23 Update needs version 3.XX (can't remember the XX numbers)

So my question to you is what update image do I need for the 4.23 bootloader? Could this possibly solve the issue?

Also when I try to go into recovery mode it does one of two things. 1)powers down and stays off   or 2) powers down turns back on and doesn't get past the word Google with no picture of a lock at the bottom.

Hoping this will give you a bit more clarification as to what's going on. Let me know. Thanks

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »
How do I side load?

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »
Side load is in  recovery, which isn't working. I saw a thread on XDA somewhere that some of the factory images have bad bootloaders. I didn't think you could flash without first unlocking but it seems to be trying to? Get the latest 4.4.3 image for your device, is it flo or deb or an LTE model? The above link is using 4.1.1!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
On the 3rd page is a mention of bad bootloaders in factory images.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2646512

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2014, 02:19:50 PM »
The good news is that you're not in APX mode. Once you get a good bootloader installed, you should be able to get a factory ROM working.

Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »
On the 3rd page is a mention of bad bootloaders in factory images.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2646512

Awesome find this is the EXACT issue I'm having!!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! I will let you know if it works.

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 03:56:54 PM »
The good news is that you're not in APX mode. Once you get a good bootloader installed, you should be able to get a factory ROM working.

Right this seems like the answer to my dilemma BUT how do I go about wiping the bootloader and installing a new one? I tried using the newest zip file and of course was greeted with FAILED bootloader locked. I at least know now that I have the right software package. But I'm still stuck with this darn bootloader that isn't working correctly. If you can think of anything let me know. I can at least search easier for a solution now that I know what it is!!

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »
Did you try flashing the bootloader image per post 3 of the linked thread that matt referenced?  Not sure if you can do it with a locked bootloader, but give it a try.

Originally Posted by adomol  View Post
After doing a bit of research, I've found out that there is a BAD version of the N7 2012 bootloader 4.23 floating around. The unsettling thing is that it's being supplied with a couple of the factory images that come straight from from the Google android devolpers page online. Anyway to make a long story short, I would try flashing the working version of the bootloader first off, then go from there with a factory reset. You can download the the working bootloader (bootloader-grouper-4.23.img) HERE --> h t t p : / / g o o . g l / q A D S A z (sorry about the spaces in the url, I'm new to the forum and can't post links yet, just delete the spaces)

BTW, its the same bootloader for N7 wifi OR 3G. md5 = df53028033c9eccf4fe5ba7bc198ce24

Here's how to install using fastboot:

1. Reboot To Your Bootloader On You Nexus 7 (Power off power button and volume down until you see bootloader screen)
2. Connect Your Nexus 7 To Your Computer
3. Open Up Command Prompt or terminal window (not sure if you are using windows/mac/linux)
4. CD to where you downloaded bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
5. Then type:
fastboot devices (to see if your N7 is connected correctly)
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Then try the factory reset again
Rooted Nexus 7

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
There's a bunch of fragmented threads on xda due to everyone starting a new topic with their issue. One of those has wugfresh posting. You might try that.

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »
You might try this toolkit option.  Several people with the failed to unlock bootloader problem said this worked for them.

I was having the same problem. After a couple of hours messing with it, I found the "force flash mode" under options -- > flash stock in Nexus Root Toolkit. I checked it and then Flashed Stock & Unroot. Worked first time.
Rooted Nexus 7

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »
You might try this toolkit option.  Several people with the failed to unlock bootloader problem said this worked for them.

I was having the same problem. After a couple of hours messing with it, I found the "force flash mode" under options -- > flash stock in Nexus Root Toolkit. I checked it and then Flashed Stock & Unroot. Worked first time.

Wugfresh doesn't have this option what rootkit tool is that from?

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »
Did you try flashing the bootloader image per post 3 of the linked thread that matt referenced?  Not sure if you can do it with a locked bootloader, but give it a try.

Originally Posted by adomol  View Post
After doing a bit of research, I've found out that there is a BAD version of the N7 2012 bootloader 4.23 floating around. The unsettling thing is that it's being supplied with a couple of the factory images that come straight from from the Google android devolpers page online. Anyway to make a long story short, I would try flashing the working version of the bootloader first off, then go from there with a factory reset. You can download the the working bootloader (bootloader-grouper-4.23.img) HERE --> h t t p : / / g o o . g l / q A D S A z (sorry about the spaces in the url, I'm new to the forum and can't post links yet, just delete the spaces)

BTW, its the same bootloader for N7 wifi OR 3G. md5 = df53028033c9eccf4fe5ba7bc198ce24

Here's how to install using fastboot:

1. Reboot To Your Bootloader On You Nexus 7 (Power off power button and volume down until you see bootloader screen)
2. Connect Your Nexus 7 To Your Computer
3. Open Up Command Prompt or terminal window (not sure if you are using windows/mac/linux)
4. CD to where you downloaded bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
5. Then type:
fastboot devices (to see if your N7 is connected correctly)
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Then try the factory reset again

Yeah anytime I try to "flash" I get the bootloader locked message!

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »

Ok so I found this but I'm not sure it's going to work! It still is telling me my bootloader is locked. Going to wait the 5-10 minutes and find out I guess

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman