2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Root, Hacks, Mods And Development

Using adb pull without rooting Nexus7 (2012)

<< < (2/5) > >>

chaikenj:

--- Quote from: matt on October 10, 2014, 10:27:54 AM ---Yer right, just tried on my rooted 2013. Are you using adb from a computer or a terminal app?

sent by mirrorflash Morse code

--- End quote ---

I am using adb from a Windows computer connected to my Nexus78 (2012)

chaikenj:

--- Quote from: matt on October 10, 2014, 02:15:19 PM ---That file seems to store all the WiFi passwords, under system settings/ backup and restore, there is an option to backup WiFi passwords to Google's servers.

Sent from my Le Pan TC1020 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Great.  How can I make use of the backed-up WiFi passwords?  (I want to use them on my Nexus7 (2013) but right now they are only on my Nexus7 (2012))

matt:
I leave the first option in backup and reset checked, back up my data, on all devices. When I enter a password on one it automatically transfers to the others.

chaikenj:

--- Quote from: matt on October 11, 2014, 08:41:49 AM ---I leave the first option in backup and reset checked, back up my data, on all devices. When I enter a password on one it automatically transfers to the others.

--- End quote ---

But the list of WiFi networks on one device is not the same as on the other.  Do you think if I am using Nexus7 (2013) and come to a WiFi network whose password is stored on Nexus7 (2012), the Nexus7 (2013) will mysteriously know the password?

matt:
If it doesn't, there is a method to use adb bmgr on the rooted device to restore from the google backup set of the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version