April 19, 2024, 02:23:14 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 won't charge while I'm using it!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline missmyjud

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 won't charge while I'm using it!
« on: November 10, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
Please help, I've tried everything and read all I can.  My 2012 Nexus 7 tablet will only charge if it is turn off completely.  I love reading books on it but can't because it will not charge while the tablet is on.  I have tried everything I have read on line.  Yes I am using the cables that it came with.  I've tried changing it from MTP to FTP (no luck on either).  I've tried turning it off and seeing that it is charging and then turning it back on - still doesn't work, plugging it into my computer.  NO LUCK WITH ANYTHING!  I see this is a big problem all over the internet but nothing seems to help.
I want to use it on trips, etc. but I need to to charge while using it and it hasn't done that since I got it about a year ago.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 won't charge while I'm using it!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »
Even though you are using the cable that came with your Nexus 7,  try a different cable, I have had original cables to fail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline neilrj

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »
My N7 2012 slowly discharges in use whilst charging -  but that must be 5+ hrs? could be more or perhaps less but 3hrs leaves capacity left but I don't have that much spare time to see it drain. Get an unlit kindle?

Sent from my OZZY using Tapatalk

Offline rasmith1959

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:27 AM »
Please help, I've tried everything and read all I can.  My 2012 Nexus 7 tablet will only charge if it is turn off completely.  I love reading books on it but can't because it will not charge while the tablet is on.  I have tried everything I have read on line.  Yes I am using the cables that it came with.  I've tried changing it from MTP to FTP (no luck on either).  I've tried turning it off and seeing that it is charging and then turning it back on - still doesn't work, plugging it into my computer.  NO LUCK WITH ANYTHING!  I see this is a big problem all over the internet but nothing seems to help.
I want to use it on trips, etc. but I need to to charge while using it and it hasn't done that since I got it about a year ago.

Are you using the same AC adapter that came with it as well? Tablets require a higher amount if power to charge the device than a smartphone. Typically the power requirements call for a 10 watt adapter that can provide 2.1 amps of current. Sounds to me like you're using a 5 watt 1.2 amp adapter instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts