March 29, 2024, 08:09:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Newbe Nexus 7 Soon To Be Owner  (Read 3622 times)

Offline wildbill23c

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Newbe Nexus 7 Soon To Be Owner
« on: November 23, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »
I just won myself an Asus Nexus 7 16gb tablet on ebay this morning, after several different attempts at winning, I finally did.  This one is practically brand new, only issue is I will have to find a charging/data cable as the seller's cat tried eating theirs LOL.  Anyow, I'm glad I found this forum, and I'm sure I'll definitely need some guidance along the way as its been a few years since I've had an Android OS device. 

Just a bit about myself:
I live in Idaho, I spent 12 years in the Idaho Army National Guard, and I'm currently working at a small locally owned Cafe which just so happens to be going out of business in a couple months, so I'm in the process of job hunting once again. 

Here's my new toy...hope it gets here soon :)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe Nexus 7 Soon To Be Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »
Congrats wildbill23c and welcome to the forum.  Looks like you got yourself a 1st generation Nexus 7 there.  We've got tons of info in the forum just make sure reading the boards for the 1st generation or 'original' Nexus 7 instead of the 2nd generation which had different hardware.  The 1st generation is still a fine tablet though and can handle just about everything you throw at it.  Should serve you well.  Look forward to you being part of the community.

BFM
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline wildbill23c

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
Thank you for the welcome.  I just wanted something pretty simple that wasn't full of bloatware.  This seems like a great way to go.  The Nexus 7 was recommended by several people on another forum. 

The only thing negative is i found out that the Nexus 7 doesn't support the credit card readers for square as well as many others...so I may not have the tablet very long :(

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »
Well after you look through the forum to see if it already exists or not...if not I'd start up a topic about the issue with the 1st gen Nexus 7 and credit card readers.  It's my understanding there are some bluetooth ones that do work.  Apparently ones that require headphone jack input don't work on the Nexus 7 like 'Square' but there are others that do.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline wildbill23c

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
I found a mention about it here on the forum somewhere, but not really sure.  Some of the Nexus 7's will work with the readers, some don't.  So, I'm going to wait till I have it in my hands then order the reader and give it a try.  If it don't work, I'll have to find something that does.  Was planning on using it for craft shows.  Otherwise I'll be using my phone whenever I am able to upgrade to a smart phone LOL. 

Offline TkGhoul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 01:22:32 AM »
I have been in the past.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime