March 28, 2024, 05:43:49 PM

collapse

Author Topic: os 5.0.2  (Read 6130 times)

Offline deadhead18

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
os 5.0.2
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:03:06 AM »
Installed 5.0.2. about a week ago and now my Nexus is worse than useless. The lag time is around 20 - 30 seconds. how can I go back to previous 0s? Have deleted various recent apps in case they were causing problems but no, it's painfully slow and constantly freezes. Help!

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: os 5.0.2
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
You'll need to use a Toolkit, such as Wugfresh's, and re-flash the version you want.

If you're not rooted, you can't, unless you use the Toolkit to root first.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:55:48 PM »
Use the guide below and in step five, choose the version that you wish to install on your Nexus, the factory image of the version you selected will be installed, then skip the rooting option if you prefer to remain stock.

http://www.Nexus7Forum.com/index.php?topic=3783.0

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:57:21 PM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline doc35

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 05:58:33 AM »
This is my same case, does the reset to factory settings does work?

Offline doc35

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »
And other thing, this will work on 1st gen Nexus 7?

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:34:03 AM »
You'll need to use a Toolkit, such as Wugfresh's, and re-flash the version you want.

If you're not rooted, you can't, unless you use the Toolkit to root first.

No that is not correct, your tablet doesn't have to be rooted to flash an older Android factory image. What is required though is to have the tablets boot loader unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline deadhead18

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »
Ok. I have rooted Nexus7 (1st Gen) with Wugfresh and flashed v4.4.3 and all seemed to go swimmingly after two or three attempts, but my Nex has now re-booted and all I have is the Google screen logo and a box at the top with "start" in it pointing to the the on button - but you guessed it, I press start and nothing happens. On the PC it does say that my nex is on v4.4.3 which is what I wanted but it would be nice if I could turn it on. Any suggestions?

Offline legroj8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »
Installed 5.0.2. about a week ago and now my Nexus is worse than useless. The lag time is around 20 - 30 seconds. how can I go back to previous 0s? Have deleted various recent apps in case they were causing problems but no, it's painfully slow and constantly freezes. Help!
Nexus 7 2nd gen?

Offline Smelter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 03:58:27 AM »
So this is Google's cunning plan. Roll out Lollypop to 1st gen Nexus 7 and 1/2 brick them, so you are encouraged to buy a 2nd gen!
Boot up time is painfully slow, WIFI is too keen to drop out and tap the screen anywhere at any time it'll freeze, blank the screen for a couple of seconds then put you back where you came from and it has a think as to what it is suppose to do next!
When I (sorry when it chose to) update from jelly bean to kitkat it took a while for the performance to get back up to speed, but I am fast loosing patience with Lollypop.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
Lollipop 5.1 is out now, so make sure you're up to date.

Offline dBuster

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:50:56 PM »
So this is Google's cunning plan. Roll out Lollypop to 1st gen Nexus 7 and 1/2 brick them, so you are encouraged to buy a 2nd gen!
Boot up time is painfully slow, WIFI is too keen to drop out and tap the screen anywhere at any time it'll freeze, blank the screen for a couple of seconds then put you back where you came from and it has a think as to what it is suppose to do next!
When I (sorry when it chose to) update from jelly bean to kitkat it took a while for the performance to get back up to speed, but I am fast loosing patience with Lollypop.

Lollipop 5.1 is out now, so make sure you're up to date.
Lollipoop 5.1 is just as bad on my 1st gen!

Lollipoop is bad to begin with as I set my sound down all the way, turn off the adaptive brightness and after I unplug from charging my settings are not kept!  What a joke 5.1 is!!!

I have had my last straw with lollipoop and it is time to go back to kit Kat...  At least then I could do something versus now I am lucky if it turns on in 10 minutes...

Offline Smelter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 02:06:34 AM »
The bottom line is, Lollypop SUCKS!.
Roll on M&M, or will that leave us all scratching our heads going "Hmm"?

Offline dBuster

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 05:54:57 PM »
Yeah the sound and display brightness settings I set last about 2 to 3 hours then the nexus just on its own resets them to what they were before I made any changes...

Now to get all my game data saved over to fb or somewhere and I will be trying to downgrade at least to 4.4.4 which I had no issues with... 

Anyone know of an android forum, group, something the is actually tied some how to the code writers that botched up this release???

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman