March 28, 2024, 03:27:53 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Must Try Game: 'Asphalt 7 - Heat'  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Must Try Game: 'Asphalt 7 - Heat'
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »

We know many of you are taking in the London Olympics this weekend but when you're between competitions we've got a great new game out for the Nexus 7 that we definitely think you'll love to pass some of your free time with.  'Asphalt 7:  Heat' is the latest edition of the all-time best selling car racing series for Android...and it's awesome.  If you want to see some gorgeous car racing graphics with beautifully rendered cities from around the world, tons of exotic cars to choose from and exciting gameplay with lots of options and goals to accomplish, then you need to try this game.   Here's some gameplay footage to give you an idea of what you can look forward to:

'Asphalt 7: Heat' features 60 different cars from manufacturers around the world like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, BMW and even the legendary and iconic 'DeLorean' of 'Back to the Future' fame.   There's 15 different cities you can race in including Hawaii, Paris, London, Miami, Rio and more...all with detailed and gorgeous architecture that you can view while racing by in the heat of the action.  You can choose to control your car either using the accelerometer in your tablet or with dedicated driving controls on-screen (I prefer the latter).  A revamped multiplayer let's you race up to 5 of your friends either locally or online.  There's 6 different game modes with 15 leagues and 150 different races. 

As you progress to more difficult races and more advanced cars you 'unlock' more exotic automobiles and you also have the option of paying real money to unlock things faster but it's not necessary if you enjoy the challenge.  I can't rave enough how much I love this game...the graphics are top notch, the sound is exhilarating and frankly it's one of those games that is just hard to put down.  Definitely highly recommended and guess what...it's only 99 cents at Google Play so hit the link below and get racing!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:46:29 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Must Try Game: 'Asphalt 7 - Heat'
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
Some are reporting bad frame rates with Asphalt 7 on the Nexus 7, but looks pretty good on this video:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:46:59 PM by Babyfacemagee »

bigboss

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
I just tried this. Too laggy for any actual gameplay. Although the graphics is good.
Hope a later update takes care of this.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
Apparently the lag issue is only affecting some users.  For others (including me) the game runs fine.  It's a big download for the game, 1.39GB and it's pretty graphics intensive so make sure you close down anything else you might be running in the background when playing the game.  I have a hunch it needs the full resources to run smoothly.   It could also be a conflict with a certain app or setting on some people's tablets.   Hopefully someone will figure out the issue or Gameloft will issue an update that improves frame rates..but again...for most people it appears to run well enough to play.  I wonder if there's a difference running it on 8GB vs 16GB N7s.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:59:10 AM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
Very cool game!  Easy for first-time users like me but also plenty challenging! Most excellent graphics and great user interface.  Highly recommended!

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

bigboss

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
Apparently the lag issue is only affecting some users.  For others (including me) the game runs fine.  It's a big download for the game, 1.39GB and it's pretty graphics intensive so make sure you close down anything else you might be running in the background when playing the game.  I have a hunch it needs the full resources to run smoothly.   It could also be a conflict with a certain app or setting on some people's tablets.   Hopefully someone will figure out the issue or Gameloft will issue an update that improves frame rates..but again...for most people it appears to run well enough to play.  I wonder if there's a difference running it on 8GB vs 16GB N7s.

You were right :-) In my case, the 'Ultimate rotation control' seemed to be causing the issue. After un-installing it; the game ran much smoother!

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »

You were right :-) In my case, the 'Ultimate rotation control' seemed to be causing the issue. After un-installing it; the game ran much smoother!

BB, you don't need to uninstall it, you can go into settings of UR and tell it to only function on certain apps.  Just sayin'...
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

bigboss

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »

BB, you don't need to uninstall it, you can go into settings of UR and tell it to only function on certain apps.  Just sayin'...

Hmm, Good catch. Will do that.

Offline frank

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »
Finally bit on this one.  Runs great and lot of fun.  Thanks for the heads up!

Offline frank

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:31:41 AM »
Just realized this wont run without wifi...  Wish I had read around more before buying this.  Uninstalling :(

Edit: Fixed in the latest update.  Now works regardless of network connection!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:29:14 PM by frank »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts