March 28, 2024, 05:22:27 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Rumor: New Nexus 7 (2016) To Be Released In May And Built By Huawei  (Read 11511 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

There's a new rumor that's been going on for the past several weeks and now that it's been published in a slew of tech blogs and sites we thought we'd share what is "known" so far (keep in mind none of this is confirmed and it might be hopeful speculation).  The rumors pertain to a 3rd generation Nexus 7 that according to these reports will be made either again by Asus or possible by Huawei, the same company responsible for Google's current flagship Nexus 6P phone.  According to these "sources' the new Nexus 7, if made by Huawei will be packing upgraded hardware including Huawei's Kirin 950 chipset and a screen resolution of 2560 x 1800 while if it's built by Asus would more likely contain a new Nvidia chip such as the X1.  Rumors also hint that the design of the Nexus 7 2016 could copy the design of Google's 'Pixel C', but just be smaller.  The release of this Nexus 7 2016 would be in May of this year.  Again...all of these rumors are just that...but it's the first time in over a year that we've seen such buzz about a 3rd generation Nexus 7 and we'd be excited if it turns out to be true.  Stay tuned as we'll definitely report anything else we hear!  What do you think?  Would you be excited about a Nexus 7 2016?  Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Techtimes

technoBuffalo

Technewstoday
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:57:08 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor: New Nexus 7 (2016) To Be Released In May And Built By Huawei
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:02:35 AM »
IMHO, Google, made a poor choice on pricing with the Nexus 9, built by HTC, so hopefully we will see a return to more attractive pricing. I have the Nexus 6p built by Huawei and was quite pleased with the pricing of the phone and Google's own insurance plan. I bought an Asus Zen S tablet recently and even with excellent hardware, I am disappointed that Asus refuses to unlock the bootloader, so the development community has turned a cold shoulder to the tablet and it also remains at Android 5.0. The bottom line is that, with attractive pricing, I will be an early adopter of the 3rd generation Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Guibou74

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 05:39:39 PM »
Any news in this department?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 02:04:21 PM »
Nothing solid.  Latest I heard is the new Nexus phones will be introduced in September and that a tablet (Nexus 7) would also be introduced at the same time along with the new OS.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Guibou74

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:57:00 PM »
Nothing solid.  Latest I heard is the new Nexus phones will be introduced in September and that a tablet (Nexus 7) would also be introduced at the same time along with the new OS.
So we have to be patient...

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »
Lots of rumors from Google Search.

But nothing on the only important page, Google Nexus.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 05:23:30 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Yes, and two new Google 'Pixel' phones and a 4k Chromecast are all expected...probably at the October 4th Google event.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »
Many of the tech blogs are posting the same rumor(s).  Many are also hinting that it may be rebranded from Nexus to Pixel.  If it is released at a decent price, I'm thinking that I know what will be under my Christmas tree this year.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline Guibou74

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
Many of the tech blogs are posting the same rumor(s).  Many are also hinting that it may be rebranded from Nexus to Pixel.  If it is released at a decent price, I'm thinking that I know what will be under my Christmas tree this year.
You bet :)

Offline Guibou74

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 06:19:02 PM »
Well.... The Pixel phones are now here.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts