2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Connect (MicroUSB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Slim Port) (2nd Gen)

Help! Wired Internet Connection using Ethernet to micro USB...

<< < (2/3) > >>

matt:
By outdated, all I found related to jellybean! A borked kernel, which might have happened again on the last security update? Check Google issues.

matt:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=58868

Try turning off wifi, then rebooting with Ethernet attached.
Es file explorer has a LAN section that will scan for a network.
Fing seems wifi centric but might work.

pymason:
Hi Matt, and thanks for this. It appears from the link that a rooted Nexus 7 can be adjusted to scan for a USB connection. Do you think I should try to root the tablet? If so, can Marshmallow be rooted yet? It's on 6.1 at the mo' and wants to update to 6.1.1. Better to update or keep as is?

Regarding your idea, I tried turning off wifi and rebooting with the Ethernet attached. No change unfortunately.

matt:
If it was me, I'd take the update.  My camera quit working until an ota fixed it. To rule out a damaged USB or cable, plug into a PC and see if it is recognised. Or try a USB SD card adapter. Rooting is possible, but altering system files will make updates difficult.

matt:
Found something interesting, if you drag down the top right notification area twice then long press the settings gear icon. It activates a system ui tuner in system just under developer settings. Tap that and then status bar (settings) there is a slider to turn on Ethernet notifications. The gear in the notification area also gets a little wrench beside it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version