March 28, 2024, 03:44:24 AM

collapse

Author Topic: nexus 7 gets hot after small use.  (Read 9932 times)

Offline stikfigure16

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
nexus 7 gets hot after small use.
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »
My nexus 7 gets hot after Using it for a short time. It is mainly the bottom left corner that gets hot and I was wondering if this happens to anyone else. It doesn't get unbearably hot, just hot enough to brother me. On few occasions it will get really hot to the point to where its just annoying.

Zell

Re: nexus 7 gets hot after small use.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
Mine has never got to the point of being "hot" but it does get warm from time to time during use.  I guess it depends on what you're doing with it when it gets hot.  I'm surfing the web, watching movies, checking out apps on Google Play, and using it to read.  I'm not playing battery and memory intensive games while listening to music.  Also my display brightness is dimmed to a fairly low degree.  I just got back from San Diego, CA and was using my iPhone as a GPS and playing iTunes music at the same time.  That thing was cooking hot.  I know it's normal for a device like ours to get warm while in use.  If you think it's abnormally warm, I'd contact Google.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »
I haven't noticed mine get hot either, not even warm in the slightest.

Offline Archie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
It hit 108 where I live today.

I couldn't tell if my Nexus was hot or not.

Offline benjanos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:52:56 AM »
Agree with Zell. Mine gets a little warm sometimes, but wouldn't say hot or annoying.

I assumed it kinda normal. With a rubber back there is probably some heat building up in there sometimes, depending on the workload.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
It is absolutely positively normal. Did you ever notice that your tablet doesn't have a cooling fan like a computer does?

Its very difficult to overheat the device to the point its unusable though. It has a fail safe and will shut itself off after it hits a certain temperature just in cased your worried.

Offline Archie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »
fxsarge said:

"Its very difficult to overheat the device to the point its unusable though. It has a fail safe and will shut itself off after it hits a certain temperature just in cased your worried. "

Where or how did you discover that?

Zell

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
I was watching a Netflix movie last night and my N7 got so hot I could smell smoke and then seconds later it blasted into pieces in a huge fireball. 

Actually, while watching the movie I did not notice any warmth to the device. 

Off-topic: I do have to say that I started out the movie with 100 percent battery charge and by movie's end I had used only 15 percent.  For me that is impressive battery life.  My Kindle Fire would have used up at least half of it's juice.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: nexus 7 gets hot after small use.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 05:35:37 AM »
fxsarge said:

"Its very difficult to overheat the device to the point its unusable though. It has a fail safe and will shut itself off after it hits a certain temperature just in cased your worried. "

Where or how did you discover that?

I've had several tablets and smart phones and that is how they are all built. Its just how the technology is.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:53:09 AM by fxsarge »

Offline Sevendipity

• View Profile
Re: Re: nexus 7 gets hot after small use.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »

I've had several tablets and smart phones and that is how they are all built. Its just how the technology is.

My N7 gets warm in one spot after a few minutes of usage; my iPad 2: never.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: nexus 7 gets hot after small use.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »

My N7 gets warm in one spot after a few minutes of usage; my iPad 2: never.

You must not use it very often then. Guess you hadn't heard about the iPad 3 over heating.

Offline RDJW

• Popularity: 2
  • N7 8G, Thrive 16G
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
I haven't noticed any particular warmth. I am really impressed with the battery, though. I've had it off and on for several days, watched a couple of Netflix movies, sync'd emails and calendars, surfed a fair bit, played some music to my car speakers, and downloaded some media... It's not quite down to 15%.

I do notice, though,  that the little USB charger device gets hot when charging.
Specialization is for insects.    --R.A.Heinlein

JayJ

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 12:04:42 AM »
My N7 gets warm when under CPU load, and anything CPU intensive like HD games is going to make the tab warm.
Multitasking will create heat because again your causing load on the CPU.

Offline kineticAU

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »
Yeah mine just got very hot playing Ski Safari, unbearably hot right down the bottom on the back of the unit, I couldn't actually hold it anymore. Decided to stop playing and power it down for a while. That's the first time it's happened, and I've been playing that game for a week, never even got noticeably hot after 2 minutes of game play before.

My nexus 7 gets hot after Using it for a short time. It is mainly the bottom left corner that gets hot and I was wondering if this happens to anyone else. It doesn't get unbearably hot, just hot enough to brother me. On few occasions it will get really hot to the point to where its just annoying.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman