March 19, 2024, 03:23:27 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Won't Turn On  (Read 33156 times)

Offline forre65413

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Won't Turn On
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
I plugged my Nexus 7 into the USB wall charger for my phone at work for just a few minutes, and now it won't turn on. The battery level before I plugged it in was at 60% or so, so I know it has power. I press the power button for more than 4 seconds and I get nothing. Has anybody seen this problem before with any tablets?

It's rooted with the stock OS, so I can't send it back for warranty service if it won't turn on.

JayJ

Re: Nexus 7 Won't Turn On
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
If it's rooted can you get it into recovery.?

Offline forre65413

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »
If it's rooted can you get it into recovery.?

Nothing shows up on the screen when I press any buttons. I have tried the power button, the power button and the volume up button, power and volume down, all 3 buttons, and both volume buttons. It won't do anything.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »
Maybe plug your USB/charger plug into your computer and hard reset for 60 seconds, that worked for a friend that had a bricked tablet.  Fingers crossed!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:21:33 PM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
The Nexus 7 has a reset button located below the Volume UP/DWN buttons, unfortunately you have to remove the back cover to access it, if that does not work while you have the back cover off you can try the Android battery pull by disconnecting the battery cable from the system board. Remember though, if your tablet is non-recoverable, Google service will not know that it is rooted, so I would call Google support initially and choose your options from there.

Edit: Note that it has been discovered that holding down the power button for 45 seconds will reset and reboot your tablet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:53:44 PM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline forre65413

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
Thanks, guys. Actually, just holding down the power button for like 45 seconds did the trick. I just hadn't held the button down long enough. It wasn't a soft reset either. At least now somebody with the same issue might be able to try this.

Offline bluema9ic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:26 AM »
I actually had the same problem.  I thought I broke it.  I didn't know what I did to it but it finally turned back on.

Offline kskut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 12:04:41 PM »
Had same problem.  Pressing the power button for 30 seconds are so did the trick.  Be sure to try that before you take it apart.

Offline Lustfuljayb

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »
I had the same problem,I called google,waiting on the replacement.The new problem is no 16g,in stock. Is it normal to have to hold a tablet or phone power button that long to power it on,seems weird. 8) :-X

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
When did you call Google to get the replacement?   They told you they were out of stock of 16GB units today?
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Lustfuljayb

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
Its been maybe a week,haven't heard anything from them. They gave me the send back info,still waitng on my new gadget,to exchange mine. By the way the tech told me,the problem was the battery. I can't power on, only when its pluged into a power source,everything is great,until I power it completely off or it turns off because of a battery drain. Consider this food for thought, if you are having and problems remember the exchange window is 15 days. These are my thoughts and experience with this tablet. FOR FULL DISCLOSURE, I AM A GOOGLE FANBOY...

Offline Kevshim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
Thanks guys, my Nexus died overnight and I was panicking. I held the power button for about 30 seconds and it came back to life.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman