2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Root, Hacks, Mods And Development

JayJ’s Easy Flash Install for the Non-Rooted or Rooted Nexus 7

<< < (3/4) > >>

drumtrucker:
I tried using downloaded Flash.apk with firefox to watch Amazon video and firefox still get 'unsupported' version message.  I am able to watch Youtube video (does youtube use flash?)

birdastrompgman:
YouTube doesn't use Flash.

JayJ:
I thought You Tube supported both HTML5 and Flash because I can watch You Tube videos on my N7 with Chrome but also with xScope and xScope doesn't support HTML5 only Flash??

CBers:

--- Quote from: S.Prime on August 22, 2012, 04:30:42 PM ---The guide at the beginning of the topic actually, leads you through downloading and installing a modified flash.apk from xda developers that runs on JB.

--- End quote ---

Do we know what's been modded ??

In the first few pages of that thread, some people are saying it's not modded at all, and then on page 3 there's a new version.

Also, no matter what version of flash is installed under JB, it is still not supported in CHROME for Android.

JayJ:
No Chrome does not support Flash, that's why xScope is used and I believe Firefox beta also works with Flash or so I have read.

As for whether the Flash apk is modded, I don't think it is because the most recent update of xScope, upon installation gives you the option to download the Flash apk from XDA or from Adobe's website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version