March 28, 2024, 02:40:06 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Bluetooth Headset - Static and Very Unreliable  (Read 5830 times)

Offline bsntech

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Bluetooth Headset - Static and Very Unreliable
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
Hi all,

I've had the Nexus 7 for a couple of weeks now.

Ventured out and purchased a bluetooth headset.  I paired it to my cell phone and it works perfectly - no trouble with sound quality or any other issues.

However, the Nexus 7 is a different story.  The headset paired up fine - but that is about the extent of it.

I have Skype installed along with the 3CX softphone.  None of them will push the audio through the headset.

Reading another forum, someone mentioned downloading an app called BT mono.  It allows you to go in and turn on or off the audio pushing to the headset - no matter what it is.

So I started some music in "Play Music" and then hit the "On" button in BT mono.  After just a short pause, the music was then pushed to the headset instead of through the internal speakers.  But, the music was cutting in and out and there was a bad amount of static to it.

Android is used on this tablet - as it is a vast array of phones.  So why is BT so unreliable with this tablet versus others?  Like I said, the headset works just fine with my Samsung phone (just a flip-phone that isn't running Android or anything fancy).

Not sure if anyone else has had any luck getting a headset to work.  My primary purpose is to use this with my VoIP softphone app on the tablet - but it simply isn't working.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth Headset - Static and Very Unreliable
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
What kind of headset is it?

If its one for making calls you can't use it for music. It will do exactly what you described. You need Motorola S10 headphones for that. I have those and they work great for music.

As far as Skype it needs a software update to work properly with the nexus that I don't think is out yet.

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »
Correct, skype has said they are working on the issue with the camera and headset
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
I can't even get mine paired with my Nexus 7. I have the Jabra Halo 2 headphones, and they paired instantly with my iPhone 4, sound great, but I can't get them to pair with my Nexus 7. I bought a Bluetooth Keyboard case for my Nexus 7, paired instantly. Don't know why the headphones won't pair, and it's my only complaint I have for the Nexus 7 so far.

Offline techdad3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
I've been using the AF32 from MEElectronics, paired easily with the nexus 7 and my iphone, I have also paired the nexus without issues with the MotoROKR EQ5 portable speaker.

Offline paulie7880

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
Where did you find "BT mono"?  I could not find it in Google Play, Amazon, or even "googleing" it?  Do I have the correct name for the app?  My Motorola BT headset also pairs, but no sound (and works fine with other devices)

Offline paulie7880

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
Ignore the last reply from me.  I found the app on Amazon.  I tried "BT Mono", but found it when I entered "BTmono" (all one word).  Picky picky these computers! 

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »
Inland ProHT is working well so far, no wifi interference/static. Has mic for calls. Bluetooth 2.1 and price was ~30$ at microcenter. Prob cheaper on the interweb somewhere.

Update: worked great initially. Then stuttering and lag. Went to settings- only phone profile available. Unpaired, re-paired. Now has media and phone profiles, checked media only. No stuttering, very slight lag.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:02:18 PM by matt »

Offline sluggomagoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
I've had my Nexus 7 about three weeks now and I can't make wifi calls with any app with a bluetooth ear piece. I've tried several types and they all screach like a bad speaker in a 1966 MGB.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »
Hopefully its only a couple more weeks and there will be a fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »
If you've paired you bluetooth head phones to your telephone (or any other device), make sure that bluetooth is turned off on them before trying to pair with your N7.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Bluetooth Headset - Static and Very Unreliable
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
Hopefully its only a couple more weeks and there will be a fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I'm sticking with my original prediction that there will be a fix before Christmas. Im hoping to see an update within the next week.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKReaM.NeW.ErA.1.0.4) via Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts