March 29, 2024, 06:30:29 AM

collapse

Author Topic: New Post Button  (Read 2107 times)

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
New Post Button
« on: August 07, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
Can the forum install a button for "New PosT" so one does not have to go thru to check on the posting date
It would be very helpful
Love this site where I can learn a lot on Android for my Nexus 7
Thanks

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: New Post Button
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
In the upper right corner, underneath the hello, are two links.  The first one is "Show unread posts since last visit" and the second one is "Show new replies to your posts".  They are hard to see because the color scheme is blue on purple.

What I'd personally like to see added is a "view new posts" in each section instead of for the entire forum.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
Thanks Tiny
I never saw that until you pointed it out

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »
Hey guys-  As a first step I've made a post at the SMF (the makers of this forum software) to help me change the blue text of the 'Show unread posts since last visit' and 'Show new replies to your posts.' to a lighter color so it will show up better on the purple header background.   

I'll also look into seeing if I can find some kind of 'button' that will take you to new posts.   I'm a little unclear of exactly what functionality you're requesting with that though.   Isn't that doing the same thing as pressing the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link in the header?  Describe in detail please how it differs from that so i can try and find a solution if one exists.  Thanks.

BFM.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
Hey guys-  As a first step I've made a post at the SMF (the makers of this forum software) to help me change the blue text of the 'Show unread posts since last visit' and 'Show new replies to your posts.' to a lighter color so it will show up better on the purple header background.   

I'll also look into seeing if I can find some kind of 'button' that will take you to new posts.   I'm a little unclear of exactly what functionality you're requesting with that though.   Isn't that doing the same thing as pressing the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link in the header?  Describe in detail please how it differs from that so i can try and find a solution if one exists.  Thanks.

BFM.

You're right.  I was about as clear as mud.  On some forums, when you open a topic folder, one of the options is "view first unread post".  Clicking it takes you to the first post that you haven't read.  It's not a critical requirement, but can save a lot of scrolling if there are a lot of posts.

BTW, I'm commenting, not complaining.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 02:00:51 AM »
Ok, I changed the text for the unread posts to white so should be easier to view now.   

I've done a little research into some kind of button on the topic level for new posts but haven't found anything satisfactory yet.   On the category level you can see there already is an 'unread posts' selection on the dark bar.  I'll continue to see if I can find something similar for Topics however.   
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 07:51:59 PM »
Thanks.  It's not a big thing.  Might be later when there is 300 pages in a topic.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman