March 29, 2024, 07:58:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Stream Your Favorite Radio Stations On Your Nexus 7 With 'Tune-In Radio'  (Read 5722 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

One of my favorite apps for the Nexus 7 is 'TuneIn Radio'.   Now I know what you're gonna say.  With all the great Android music apps out there like Pandora, Spotify, SoundHound and more...what do I need another for?  Ahh...but that's where the difference lies.  You see 'TuneIn Radio' isn't just another streaming music app.  This is RADIO...as in the real,over the air deal...just streamed to your Nexus 7.  You get everything...your favorite local, national and international stations just as you'd hear them if you were hanging out in your car or living room.   Your favorite personalities, news hosts, DJs or whomever...over 50,000 stations in all.  All your favorite LOCAL stations, national favorites, international and everything in between.  Over 50,000 in fact!  If you're a talk radio junkie or have iconic tastes and want to listen to that  niche station that is only available in your hometown...then 'TuneIn Radio' will be your new best friend.  I can stay in touch and stay entertained anywhere I am and never miss a show.   It's really fantastic.

Now TuneIn Radio comes in two versions...the free version and 'TuneIn Radio Pro' which is the paid version.   But to be honest the 99 cents for the 'Pro' version is worth it because it let's you RECORD your favorite radio programs to play back at a later time.   No matter where you are...a different state,  time zone, or continent...if you can't be in front of your Nexus 7 when the show is scheduled you can record it to play at your convenience.  If you're a fan of radio then 'TuneIn' is a 'Must Have' app for your Nexus 7.  I've provided links below for both the standard and 'Pro' versions.  Download one today and let me know what YOUR favorite stations are in the comments!

TuneIn Radio (right) and TuneIn Radio Pro (left) Have Different Logos As Well

And here are some screenshots in portrait mode

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline strider_mt2k

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Been using this app from the start. Really good.
Motorola Droid Bionic
Toshiba Excite 10
Google Nexus 7

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Yup, TuneIn is a MUST app for anyone, I've used it for a couple of years now on my Android phone, and it's pretty much replaced Netflix for me while in the car (still have Unlimited Verizon plan, so can stream all day if I want). 

Also what I like is they have more than just streaming music in their catalogs, you can listen to amateur radio repeaters, police frequencies, streaming radio stations from across the world (LBC 97.3 in London, WBAI in NYC, and WUSB in Stoneybrook being my faves) , not to mention other streams from SomaFM and more.

So yup, if you don't already use this, get it now... I grabbed the Pro version on Nexus 7 since I had the $25 gift card, but the freebie one is nice too, that's still what I use on my phone.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Excellent app.

Bought it when it was only £0.20p on the Play store a few months back  8)

Offline richardright

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Yup, TuneIn is a MUST app for anyone, I've used it for a couple of years now on my Android phone, and it's pretty much replaced Netflix for me while in the car (still have Unlimited Verizon plan, so can stream all day if I want). 

Also what I like is they have more than just streaming music in their catalogs, you can listen to amateur radio repeaters, police frequencies, streaming radio stations from across the world (LBC 97.3 in London, WBAI in NYC, and WUSB in Stoneybrook being my faves) , not to mention other streams from SomaFM and more.

So yup, if you don't already use this, get it now... I grabbed the Pro version on Nexus 7 since I had the $25 gift card, but the freebie one is nice too, that's still what I use on my phone.

Here's another vote for this excellent app. Not only do I use it to listen to local radio stations, but I use to listen to stand up comedy, old time radio, and even telephone pranks.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman