March 28, 2024, 02:56:20 PM

collapse

Poll

What Feature/Upgrade Would You MOST Like To See In A 2nd Generation Nexus 7?

1920 x 1200 Display
0 (0%)
Faster Processor (higher clock speed or 8/12 Core?)
2 (3.6%)
Rear Camera
13 (23.2%)
microSD Card Slot
25 (44.6%)
miniHDMI Port
4 (7.1%)
More Memory (32GB/64GB Options)
5 (8.9%)
3G/4G/LTE Cellular Options?
7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What Feature/Upgrade Would You MOST Like To See In A 2nd Generation Nexus 7?  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
There's no doubt that the Nexus 7 is a powerful little beast of a tablet that is perfectly capable of handling anything you throw at it today.   But hey, it's fun to dream and prognosticate a bit about what might be in store for the future so tell us....What Feature/Upgrade Would You MOST Like To See In A 2nd Generation Nexus 7?  higher screen resolution?  microSD? miniHDMI? Faster processor?  Cellular connectivity?   Rear camera?  Let us know your thoughts in the comments...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:36:42 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline raisantos

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
I really didn't care about the rear facing camera when I bought it as I have never used one on my iPad. This device is a smaller form factor though and I find myself bringing this more often compared to my iPad. There are a few occasions that I wished I had a rear camera to share photos to family and friends of something I saw at the very moment.

I would love to have extra storage space. Either give us a 32GB or 64 GB internal memory or an SD expansion slot. Again, I came from an iPad and have been pampered with extra storage space. But I think the better of the 2 options is the expandable SD card slot so you can have extra space after you buy the device, this sounds cheaper to do in the long run as well.

last but not least is 3G/LTE connectivity. I think the reason I need this compared to my wifi only iPad is that again, I don't usually carry my iPad everywhere but I find myself carrying this often. Also this is the perfect device to use as a portable GPS navigation system and the best of the best software out there uses internet connectivity.

JayJ

I agree about external storage, an SD card slot would go a long way but it's Google and I believe the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus do not have external storage shots (not sure about the Nexus One?).
This is the worst thing about the N7 but I knew before I bought it so no hardship really, don't regret buying it for one minute.
I don't agree about the 3G/LTE though, I have good Broadband at home and when mobile I have a MiFi which I use for my SGS2 and my WiFi only PS Vita, even if I didn't my SGS2 can WiFi hotspot anyway...

So the only thing I would change is an SD card slot but I don't think Google will give us one of those even on the next Nexus tab because they and many others see the cloud as the future.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:08:38 AM by JayJ »

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
I hardly use my phone anymore.if they said 3 g 4 g I would just leave my phone at home.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline FXOjafar

• View Profile
I agree about external storage, an SD card slot would go a long way by it's Google and I believe the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus do not have external storage shots (not sure about the Nexus One?).

The Nexus One has an SD card slot but only 4Gb internal memory.

I don't mind only 16Gb so much. I can fit 1/2 a TV series and a couple of HD movies on my Nexus 7 which is plenty for a long flight or train ride. I had the same storage on my Galaxy Tab 10.1

Offline VanZero

• View Profile
I actually would like to see the 2nd generation to have more battery life and last much longer. That's pretty much what I would only like in the 2nd generation N7.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
One feature I'd like to see added is some indication when battery is fully charged on the wall wart.  A nice lil green/red LED to tell from a distance that the charging is done would be a very nice detail for me.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Sd slot

Offline Patrick06

• View Profile
A sd slot

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Everyone keeps saying SD slot but its not going to happen. Google is trying to push their cloud and that's why it only came in 8-16 GB.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: What Feature/Upgrade Would You MOST Like To See In A 2nd Generation Nexus 7?
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
10-inch version.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: What Feature/Upgrade Would You MOST Like To See In A 2nd Generation Nexus 7?
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »
Mini SD. Period.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt