March 29, 2024, 02:15:46 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Karma Adjustment  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Karma Adjustment
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:27:50 PM »
Hey everyone, 

Because of some confusion it was causing in the forum I've made some adjustments to the 'karma' feature for the forum.  First off it's now changed to 'popularity' and instead of choosing between 'applaud' and 'smite' which caused some new users to mistake it for 'smile' I've changed the labels to 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down'.    I've also chosen to only show the 'total' rather than both the thumbs up and thumbs down totals to simplify things.   Myself and the moderators discussed the issue a bit and we decided it was still a valuable enough feature to keep in the forum rather than get rid of it but we also decided that some adjustments should be made.   Let me know your thoughts on the issue in this thread.   I'll probably want to let it stay as it is for a while to see how it works for a few weeks but I'm not ruling out changes in the future.   

Also, a word on the use of the  'thumbs up'/'thumbs down'.   It's meant as an easy way to show your thanks or reward a member that has made an enlightening, helpful or useful post.   I would think the 'thumbs down' option should only really be used if a member is truly disrupting a thread or doing something unhelpful on the forum.  It shouldn't be used to harass members.   With that said...this is all in fun.  There's no ramifications on anyone's membership with the whole popularity/thumbs up/thumbs down thing.   It's just a way of showing our appreciation to our active, super helpful members so we can show them on the front page of the forum and let people know who some of the 'top dogs' are around here.  Maybe in the future we'll have some prizes or contests that will be 'popularity' related.

Thanks for everyone's contributions on this subject and as always for your participation in Nexus7Forum.com

BFM (rob)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:29:45 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline RDJW

• Popularity: 2
  • N7 8G, Thrive 16G
    • View Profile
Re: Karma Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
I have to laugh. My first thought was "Oh, drat. I've never been popular, but I had been hoping for some karma someday, you know, inner beauty and all that." Thanks for the giggle!
Specialization is for insects.    --R.A.Heinlein

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
Oh no!   :o   Here, you can have some of my Karma.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline RDJW

• Popularity: 2
  • N7 8G, Thrive 16G
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »
Thanks. Now I'm giggling so hard I can't ttype ;D
Specialization is for insects.    --R.A.Heinlein

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229