March 29, 2024, 02:18:12 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Cases  (Read 5362 times)

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Cases
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »
Anyone seen cases for the Nexus 7 yet?  Or know if it'll fit into any of the already available cases?

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Cases
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
Yes, they are starting to pop up fast, just Google "Nexus 7 accessories" .
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
Google offers this grey Nexus 7 case on its website:  https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_Cover_Dark_Grey?id=nexus_7_cover&feature=accessories#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDExMSwiZGV2aWNlLW5leHVzXzdfY292ZXIiXQ..

Asus has also said they will be making different cases and of course all the well-known case makers like Case-Mate, Otterbox, Marware, Boxwave and more will I'm sure come out with all kinds of covers and cases.  Wouldn't be surprised to even see ones with keyboards as well.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline urban1

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:19 AM »
I checked Amazon the day after I pre=ordered the tablet and there was one, fairly nice looking, leather cover in several colors.  I ordered one, but don't know how well it fits, etc.

Bob

Offline bradyfix

• Popularity: 2
  • "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »
Looking forward to the Otterbox "defender series ", I have one for my EVO4G and won't live with out it. This case is the best they make, and I have dropped it more than 30 times showing people how well it works.

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
Here is a link to a bluetooth keyboard case. My wife has one for her Ipad and loves it. I might go this direction.

http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Tablet-Leather/dp/B008G3BFLG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_5
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:54:46 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »
Forgot to mention it is only 35 bucks.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »

Nice, but unfortunately the Nexus 7's main screen doesn't rotate from what I've seen, so the screen would  be sideways unless you're in an app that supports screen rotation.  But looks very nice.

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »

Nice, but unfortunately the Nexus 7's main screen doesn't rotate from what I've seen, so the screen would  be sideways unless you're in an app that supports screen rotation.  But looks very nice.

That is only on home screen, and there are apps out now that fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnnorth 
I assume you'll be able to use something like ultimate rotation control (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fameit.rotate). Can someone with an N7 test it to see if it works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
It does work. Attached a screenshot.

Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »
That link I think was dead. Try this one for more on a home screen remedies for rotation.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »

That is only on home screen, and there are apps out now that fix that.

Yeah only the home screen, which if the apps work then bonus!

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »

My "rooCASE" just came in and it seems like a quality product.  The leather feels nice to the touch and the inside is soft.  Our tablet is held securely with a hook & loop tab which folds under, like some other cases I've seen.   Of course there is access to the controls and cutouts for the camdamera and the speaker.  It is a 'smart' cover so that it takes advantage of the sleep on/off feature that was discovered.  My case is black, but I see they also have red and a couple other colors, which I kinda wish I would have ordered.  It has a foldable front cover that will allow you to stand it at an angle for no-hands viewing or typing. 

But I'm still undecided, at this early stage, about how well I really like a cover.  Sure it's great for protection purposes, but it really does add some bulk.  I like how the N7 fits so nicely in the hand, and with a cover it's now a two handed operation.  I guess I can fold the front cover back under the the whole thing and then it's closer to a one hand item but still noticeably heavier then with no cover at all.   I suppose it boils down to how you're going to be using it mostly.  I think I'll live with the cover on for a while and see if it grows on me....

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
RC, do you have a screen protector?  I think that is all I am going to use for now. 

The back of the N7 is so durable and would be hard to scratch.  I'll probably use a case when I take it outside the house or on a trip, but that's about it.  It really does change the form factor (not in a good way).
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
Yeah Drew, I just put a SKINOMI on and I really dig it.  That sounds like a plan; maybe I'll just use the cover when I'm goin' out...

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman