March 29, 2024, 08:55:14 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How to setup wifi  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Aikeedoh

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
How to setup wifi
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
Hi,

Just bought my first table, the Nexus7, and am loving it. Had WiFi setup at home, but am having problem setting up WiFi at work. Not sure if this topic had been discussed here already, can some kind person please help giving me some instruction how to setup WiFi or point me to the discussion thread?

Thanks much.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: How to setup wifi
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »
Hi Aikeedoh,  First off welcome to the forum and congrats on purchasing your Nexus 7.    Please use our search function on the top menu bar for 'wifi' and anything else you're interested in finding out.  There are numerous threads that might or might not cover what you're looking for and it's a bit hard from the information you've provided what specific problems with setting up wifi you're having. 

Do you already have an existing router at work that you're trying to connect to or are you starting from scratch and need to install a router as well?  What specific issues are you having with setting up wifi at work?     Again, I'd suggest you give us some more specific details and also see if it hasn't already been covered in an existing thread so we can help you.  Thanks!

BFM
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Aikeedoh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »
Hi Babyface,

I am just trying to get WiFi to work on my tablet at work. I can't seem find the setup screen on the Nexus7 that allows me to connect to WiFi at work ,since it does not seem to detect automatically. Let me search the forum, but if you know how, please point it out to me.

Thanks again.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:49:09 AM »
You should be able to just 'swipe down' from the top of the screen and then when you see the three sliders tap those and then you'll see 'Wifi'.  Tap that and you can choose your wifi network.   You might have to enter a code depending if it's a secure network or not.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 12:35:11 PM »
You may have to check with the IT folks where you work.  They may have turned off SSID broadcasting, and turned on MAC filtering.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Aikeedoh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 01:02:12 PM »
Babyface,

Thanks again. That did the trick.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »
 ;D

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman