March 28, 2024, 04:29:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Tablet App Spotlight: 'Songza' - A Personalized Soundtrack For Your Life  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Sometimes the 'little guy' comes up with a 'better' way of doing things.  'Songza' just might be one of these 'little guys'.   One of the frustrating things I've had with most 'music' streaming services has been that I'm pretty much limited by what artists or types of music I know.   What 'Songza' does is change the paradigm completely.  It works by choosing music that fits your mood or activity and it employs music 'experts' that have created custom playlists that are created to fit that specific thing you're looking for at the moment.   Not only that but 'Songza' also has a feature called the 'concierge' which can tailor your music throughout the day and learn what you like so you always have the exact soundtrack you want...when you want it.   In the video below we see 'Songza' put through its paces by the company's founders on the iPad but I want to point out that it's just been released in an Android Tablet version that works brilliantly on the Nexus 7 and includes all the latest features.

Features:
100% free. No audio advertisements & no monthly listening limit.
✔Let Songza's 'Music Concierge' find the right music for your moments.
✔Browse a curated playlist library organized by activity, genre, decade, & mood.
✔Stream thousands of original playlists handmade by music experts.
✔Save your favorite playlists & share them via Facebook or email.
✔Always have the right music for your moments.

Now what's awesome about 'Songza' is that if you're like me and don't have a photographic recollection of every band and song you want to hear you can tap into the expertise of 'Songza's music experts and get exposed to all sorts of great new music that fits what you're looking for at the moment.    You can choose music by activity, genre, decade, & mood.   From 'working out' to 'waking up' to 'feeling confident' to 'reading the paper' and many more the app has dozens of 'situations' or 'moods' that you can choose from to reinforce with music exactly what you're feeling inside.  It's really like having a supportive 'soundtrack' for your life.

What's more the 'Songza' app has a great sense of humor that really makes it stand out from other music apps.  You get the sense that the developers are trying to create a product that is personalized and 'people friendly'.  As one of the founders says in the video above there's a difference between a music service choosing songs by a generic 'tempo' that fits a category of say 'work out music' and a 'music expert' who knows music so well that they can create a custom play list that inspires you and really gets you psyched during that workout.   That's the kind of human intelligence that 'Songza' brings to your music selections that a larger but arguably less innovative service like 'Spotify' just can't match.

Now while 'Songza' is free and there are no music or sound ads that will interrupt your music you will have pop up ads on the screen while you use it on your Nexus 7.   You can quickly get rid of these with a click however.   It'll be interesting to see if they offer a 'pro' version in the future that gets rid of ads.   As you can see in some of the images below, the Android version of 'Songza' gives you both portrait and landscape modes that work well with the Nexus 7.   The app definitely has a 'portrait' bias but it's nice to have both options when using it.  'Songza' just might be that app that motivates you to buy a music dock for your tablet when they're available.   It's free so I definitely encourage you to try out 'Songza' at the link below.  It just might become your new favorite music app!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:43:18 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline LenB

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Not yet available in the UK.
I guess we may have to wait until Google Music is available here.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman