March 28, 2024, 04:56:10 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 64428 times)

Offline Diver4242

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Ship Date?
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »
I ordered mine about as soon as it showed up on google play during the keynote. Anyone know when they are going to start shipping?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »
I believe the 19th was the earliest date they said they would start shipping.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
I read 19 and 20th... that is a bummer since it read 2-3 weeks on the 27th of June. Either of those dates are past the promised 2-3 week mark. This is almost as disappointing as not having an SD card bay.  I still can't wait.... to play and show it off to all the Apple snobs at work. 
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline BleedCrimson

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
The 19 and 20 July ship date is for retailers and available in stores in late July. I think pre-orders will start shipping around 14 July.

bigboss

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
That is as close as we have come to an actual ship date yet.

I'm still checking my card daily to see if they have charged me. (again)   ;) 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:54:38 PM by halibaitor »

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
From my past experiences with pre-orders, initially you show a pending charge to your credit card, which is removed after a period of time if the purchase does not ship, but the funds are reserved so that the supplier is assured of being paid when the device ships. As was stated, the actual charge will reappear when the device ships.

Reading the order process from Staples indicates shipping between July 12 and 17th when you have the pre-order option selected, but changing the option to Nexis 7 and placing the item in a shopping cart changes the expected ship date to 21Aug.

I don't think that Google will fail to meet a July shipping date and create the customer dissatisfaction that Lenovo did last fall when they were over a month out from the initial ship date for Lenovo direct sales of the TPT. Personally, I think Google realizes the importance of having a good purchasing experience especially for early adopters and that they will make sure they get it right.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »
 I keep checking my credit card each day for that charge to reappear.  SPrime...what is the order process from Staples?  I hope I didn't order the slow way!

A lot of people would not be happy if it didn't ship as promised.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:10:21 PM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »
If you ordered from Gamestop (at an actual store, not online), I've been told by two different stores, that the first wave of pre-orders will come in July 31st.

Offline S.Prime

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
From what I have seen the fastest option for delivery is to pre-order from Google. Delaying your pre-order eventually eliminates that advantage, since, as was stated, 3rd party retailer should have stock shipped from Google by the end of July and will yield delivery in August. So I anticipate a 3 to 4 week delivery advantage for the $13.99 cost of shipping. Remember that you also get the $25 Google Play credit with your pre-order and Transformers Dark Side of the Moon. Now IMHO, if they would include a remake with Megan instead of Rosie, it would be a deal too good to resist.

S.Prime

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
Staples is stating on their website that the Nexus 7 will ship between July 12th and 17th if you pre-order it by the 10th...so next week.

http://www.staples.com/Pre-Sale-Google-nexus7-Tablet-16GB/product_357216?ddkey=http:StaplesZipCodeAdd#id='dropdown_505733'
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:43 PM »
BFM, is correct, but, as a point of discussion, I could not add it to my shopping cart without selecting the drop down box and changing pre-order to Nexus 7, at that point the delivery date, when I tried it, became 21Aug and allowed you to order from Staples. Part of the anticipation of a new device is the excitement of delivery, so try the Staples order process Here, and post your expected delivery date. Note you get an expected delivery date by placing the N7 in your shopping cart and do not actually order it.

To me, this is a bit confusing, but confirms the shipping date from Google as 12-17Jul2012.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Oops...I missed your post above where you mentioned the Staples dates before.  Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
Now rumor has it that a customer could not cancel his order because it was already in the shipment and delivery cue?  If so, then first pre-orders could have a 7 in their hands before next weekend!! 
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline bradyfix

• Popularity: 2
  • "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
BFM, is correct, but, as a point of discussion, I could not add it to my shopping cart without selecting the drop down box and changing pre-order to Nexus 7, at that point the delivery date, when I tried it, became 21Aug and allowed you to order from Staples. Part of the anticipation of a new device is the excitement of delivery, so try the Staples order process Here, and post your expected delivery date. Note you get an expected delivery date by placing the N7 in your shopping cart and do not actually order it.

To me, this is a bit confusing, but confirms the shipping date from Google as 12-17Jul2012.
this is off the web site, but I just called about my order off of the play web site and they have "no ship dates as of yet" " just at the end of the month" I think staples is ramping up sales then going to blame shipping issues for non delivery, let us know if you ordered it from staples and you get it next week. would suck if retail trumps online preorder. ....." Pre-order your Nexus 7 by July 10th, 2012 to reserve one of these limited quantity tablets. Product will ship between July 12th and July 17th. Expected delivery: 1 - 3 business days, arriving no earlier than July 13th 2011. Your credit card will be charged at shipment" ???

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman