March 29, 2024, 09:47:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 and Mac  (Read 2247 times)

Offline J504girly2

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 and Mac
« on: August 24, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
I bought my grandparents a nexus 7 not realizing they have a Mac now.is this going to cause problems? Also what sort of router should i buy them. Thanks fo any info i am not very techy :)

Offline ngungun

• View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 and Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »
I use an iMac computer and I bought my wife a Nexus 7.  I use the Google Chrome browser on my iMac and my wife and I have separate gmail accounts so she get her email on the Nexus and I get mine on the Mac.
I use a Thomson router with my iMac and it connects easily to the Nexus with WiFi and Bluetooth. 

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:41:21 AM »
It shouldn't cause any problems j504girly2.   Afterall Android and Windows are just as far apart as operating systems as Android and iOS on the Mac is.   The only time you'd be using your Nexus 7 together with your Mac would be to possibly move some files like a document or movie between your desktop/laptop and the Nexus 7.   You'd be doing the same thing with a Windows computer...no difference really.    The only issue you might have is that since far more people own Windows computers a lot of time when you read 'how to' guides like rooting or doing different kind of hacking or customizations or tricks, it more than likely they will assume you're using a Windows PC and so you'd just have to know how to do it in the 'Mac' way.   But this is something an advanced user would do anyway so probably won't affect you or your folks. 
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Rin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »
In order to move files between Nexus 7 and Mac you first need to install Mac file transfer on your Mac.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman