March 28, 2024, 11:27:14 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Hello + a comment  (Read 1505 times)

Offline tase

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hello + a comment
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
Something might be wrong with your verification questions because I had to try to register 3 times before your system allowed me in.

Offline smokestack

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello + a comment
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
Or you have been drinking?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »
 :o

Sorry if you had a problem registering but glad you made it in!

In all seriousness, I just checked all the questions and they're all super simple and straight forward.   You probably either made a typo or you wrote a number where you needed to spell it out...like 2 instead of two or vice versa.    All the other questions are just fill in the blank like 'The United _____ of America' which anyone should be able to figure out or there's a few basic math questions in there like 9-5+4=__ (answer=8) which again, anyone should be able to figure out.   I try and change some of the questions slightly every week because unfortunately spam bots eventually figure them out and then this forum gets inundated with spam.   That's the reason for the questions in the first place...to try and weed out most of the spam bots. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:14:49 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:23:12 AM »
Glad you made it in tase.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 02:37:16 PM »
Welcome to the Nexus 7 Forums tase, glad you passed the initiation into the forum.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:07:50 PM »
I actually was just looking over the registration questions and one question had a 'space' after a number answer that I think might have caused it to come up as 'wrong' even though a person put the right number.   So Tase...you might have been right in there being one question causing an issue with registrations.    Fortunately there's about 10 questions that are rotated so it would only have affected a minority of registrants...still I fixed it and hopefully it didn't turn away too many potential members in frustration.   :-X
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman