March 29, 2024, 04:34:28 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Question about Toolkit 1.5.3 and driver sets.  (Read 1272 times)

Offline donaldjl

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Question about Toolkit 1.5.3 and driver sets.
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
Wanted to check something before I root my Nex.  I searched around the forum and didn't see my question addressed.  If I overlooked it, my apologies.

I'm asking to make sure I have details covered in case a hiccup occurs with the rooting process.  I'd rather ask now beforehand than if something goes wrong.

The rooting how-to guide mentions if something goes wrong, to manually load the drivers (No problem here, nothing I haven't done before.) and look for them in \data\drivers of the main program directory.  However, 1.5.3 has five other directories under the \drivers subdirectory. 

Driver_Pics
Driver_Utilities
PDAnet_Drivers
RAW_Drivers
Samsung_Drivers

In the RAW_Drivers subdirectory, there are other directories, one of which is Google_Drivers.  I'm running off of a netbook, so the driver set would be in the i386 folder in the Google_Drivers directory.  There are three .dll files in the i386 folder.

I'd like to confirm which driver I'd be looking for.  Like I said, I'd rather ask now than later when I'm panicking about bricking something.

Thanks, all.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Toolkit 1.5.3 and driver sets.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
H, Donaldjl

I rooted using the 1.52 version of Wug's Root Toolkit, but here are the drivers that ended up in the /data/drivers/i386/ subdirectory on my laptop:
androidusb.sys
ssadbus.syss
ssadwhnt.sys
WdfCoInstaller01007.dll
WinUSBCoInstaller.dll

I'm pretty sure I found them in driver_utilities.  None of us had a smooth auto-install, and we all had to manually step through the 8 step process to load the proper drivers, IIRC.  I skipped trying the Samsung driver step, even though it was suggested.

Hope this helps you.

Bird
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime