March 28, 2024, 12:41:05 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 9?  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Undo

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Nexus 9?
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »
I have to admit the new Kindle Fire HD with a high resolution 8.9" screen for $299 sounds appealing, were it not for the closed system. I wonder what the chances are for a Google Nexus 9 with similar specs and price.  ???

I haven't owned a tablet larger than my Nexus 7 but would like to try one. The latest iPad with its beautiful screen seems awesome but I can't justify spending $450 (refurb) or more to get one. I have too many expensive gadgets already.  :o

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 9?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »
I don't see Google making a larger tablet personally but it could happen.   I actually think that 9 inches is too close to the size of the iPad. I prefer the 7 inch size as it's more pocketable.   
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 03:21:57 AM »
Couldn't agree more with BFM, I don't think Google will release a 9" tab anytime soon. They chose the 7" of the N7 for practical reasons and whilst the N7 is sell so well why change something that isn't broke...
I think the size is perfect for my usage, as much as I love my N7 it won't replace my Laptop and I wouldn't want to carry anything bigger that the N7. I think it's exactly the right size for handheld gaming, anything bigger would just be cumbersome. I also couldn't imagine typing on something bigger than the N7, whether it be forums, the web or emails.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:26:15 AM by JayJ »

Offline EFIN

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:28:49 AM »
As I came from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, a Nex9/10 would be awesome. While I really have come to love this 7" size, the larger screen does have its benefits, and if it comes out, I may have to give it a test drive.  As my wife likes my Nexus 7 because it's so close in size to her reader, she sees this as a perfect hand down to her if the larger Tablet comes out.  But I'm greedy so I might have to keep them both ;)

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:45:43 AM »
My first question when the Nexus 7 was announced at Google I/O, was "When is the Nexus 10 coming out" !!

Would love to see a Nexus 10 with the same, and slightly better specs, including mSD slot and HDMI out.

We can only dream  :)

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
I think seven inches is the perfect size for a tablet.  It fits perfectly in my cargo pockets.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline EFIN

• View Profile
Re: Re: Nexus 9?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:01:21 PM »
I think seven inches is the perfect size for a tablet.  It fits perfectly in my cargo pockets.

Exactly why I need both, 7" to carry easily, 10" to lounge with... :p

Derek

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
My mom likes the Nexus 7 a lot. But people like her would want a bigger screen. She's used to reading things the size of magazine pages. She has a hard time reading small text. If she makes the text larger, there is less to read on the screen and she has to move and scroll more. With a 10 in screen, she can fit more text from digital books and magazines and email on the screen to read.

Offline n3vry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
Why not pick up an Asus Transformer TF300? It is the perfect combination, I have both the Nexus 7 and the Asus Transformer tablets.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »
Why not pick up an Asus Transformer TF300? It is the perfect combination, I have both the Nexus 7 and the Asus Transformer tablets.

I purchased a Nexus 7 as a stop-gap until the ASUS Transformer Infinity was released, but afrer having the Nexus 7 for 2 months, I've decided that the Infinity is not worth £600.

Offline ericarenee

• Geeky Chic's Rule.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »
Kindle fire is a locked device. Even more so the bootloader is using verification thru secure sbk. (secure boot key.) this will for right now at least prevent anything not signed by Amazon from being flashed to the device. A real shame.
On the up side the nexus 7 is total android experience with the ability to unlock and customize until your totally devoured by all the Android experiences. Lots of mods and roms already and it's quite early in its life.
I think for someone less techno tolerant a fire might be a great choice. We know it will be well made.
Sorry for no introduction Hi all.

Just want to add i have a Acer a500. its awesome for sitting on the couch. But nexus fits my hands and can slip it into a small purse. huge  plus.

Just wanted to update my post . Apparently Amazon did not patch a hole in the ics os. So they have Rooted the fire.. But will the hole be now patched for future users . Will they break the boot loader sbk. I am watching this close . The fire has lots of storage.So im watching it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:17:16 AM by ericarenee »
Its my Nexus 7 Get your own. They Will make more..

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »
ericarenee, you are obviously knowledgeable of Android and Amazon's Kindle variation, so let me be the first to welcome you and invite you to make a new member introduction in our new members topic, so that we can welcome you properly.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman