March 28, 2024, 11:23:30 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Please Welcome Samalex (Sam) As Our First Global Moderator!  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Samalex (Sam) has graciously offered to help with some of the moderation in the forum.  He'll be helping me keep posts and topics in the right place, deleting spam, answering questions and generally helping to grow and improve the forum so it'll be a great resource for all of us Nexus 7 owners.   Feel free to let either of us know if you have any suggestions for articles, topics, new boards or anything else you'd like to see at Nexus7Forum.com and Thanks for your help Samalex!

BFM (Rob)

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Please Welcome Samalex (Sam) As Our First Global Moderator!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
Go Samalex!  You'll do great!!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

Also sorry for the delay in replying, been on vacation with the family for the last few days.   I'm excited to help out in whatever way I can, and I'm looking forward to posting and sharing as much as I can once Google finally ships the N7, which I've had on order since the week they were announced.

Some background on me, I'm a total nerd going back to the BBS days in the late 80's.  I'm also a Linux fanatic moving my primary system to Linux in 2000 with alittle OSX mixed in.  As for Android I've used a DroidX phone for two years now and have had the Kindle Fire for almost a year.  From using the Fire I'm anxious to get the N7 because the Fire is great, but it's just lacking too many things to really do what I want. 

So that's me :)   I might not post too much until the N7 makes it to my door, but after that I look forward to posting everything I learn and answering questions along the way.  Also I really want to get into Android development, so that should be another fun facet.

Take care --

Sam Alex

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:22 PM »
Hi Sam, I like your TRS-80 'avatar' there.  I was a model one but mostly mod III user/experimenter.   Just threw a Mod III in the dumps two weeks ago...

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
Hi Sam, I like your TRS-80 'avatar' there.  I was a model one but mostly mod III user/experimenter.   Just threw a Mod III in the dumps two weeks ago...

Cheers :)  I cut my teeth on the Color Computer 2 and 3 systems, both of which I still have.  I'm a classic computer junkie, though I've parted with most of my old systems over the years mainly due to space.  Also were you a BBS user back in the day? 

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
Y'all make me feel so old!  I remember buying a Commodore Amiga desktop for $2800 back in the day.  It had an optional color wheel that spun when you wanted to take a color pic....lol

Maybe this needs to go to the off-topic thread but just find it fascinating how a whole computer fits in your hand now.  Or on your head with Google glasses.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
Y'all make me feel so old!  I remember buying a Commodore Amiga desktop for $2800 back in the day.  It had an optional color wheel that spun when you wanted to take a color pic....lol

Maybe this needs to go to the off-topic thread but just find it fascinating how a whole computer fits in your hand now.  Or on your head with Google glasses.

Drew, since the thread is titled "Please Welcome Samalex", for me nothing is more welcoming than talking about old computers, so not off topic as far as I'm concerned :-D  Also interesting you mention the Commodore Amiga, I have a Commodore Amiga 500 still boxed with tons of software I bought on EBay about 12 years ago.  Neat little system running I think Workbench 1.3. 

I seriously need to get an area so I can setup all these old systems... I'd love to see if my old BBS still works, though I don't have a phone line to test it with anymore :)

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 01:23:06 PM »
Wow, sounds like you've got the starts of a museum there!

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:03:09 PM »
Wow, sounds like you've got the starts of a museum there!

Maybe a few years ago, but not anymore.  I used to have about 6 or more classic systems including a complete IBM 5150 system, two Tandy 1000 systems, and more 8088-XT systems then I'd like to admit.  It all went to Goodwill when we moved three years ago because I just didn't have space for it all in the new place, but hopefully some day I'll get our garage cleared out and setup a work bench for the system I still have.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman