March 28, 2024, 03:17:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Added 'Spell Check' to post options  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Added 'Spell Check' to post options
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »
I activated a 'spell check' function which you'll see near the post and preview buttons when writing a post.  Let me know your thoughts on if this is a useful addition or if it's just in the way.   Thanks

BFM

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Added 'Spell Check' to post options
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:51:45 PM »
I don kneed a spel chcker.  Thay tak wey too much tim to youse.  i'm hapie to cee it four evryone els though.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

JayJ

Re: Re: Added 'Spell Check' to post options
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
I don kneed a spel chcker.  Thay tak wey too much tim to youse.  i'm hapie to cee it four evryone els though.

PMSL

It's a shame spell check can't be a fixed thing on the forum so posts are checked anyway, okay so this forum, isn't too bad and don't get me wrong my spelling isn't perfect but on other forums the lack of punctuation and the poor grama some people pass off on posts/threads is just awful and sometimes very hard to read. My number one pet hate is people who use text shorthand on forums, with computers, smartphones and tablets with full qwerty keyboards there's just no excuse for it IMHO.

I use Chrome on my desktop anyway so won't use the spellcheck and in all honesty I rarely visit this or other forums through my desktop preferring my N7 or S2 and Tapatalk to read, post and moderate...

I do think it's a good addition to the forum though!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:46:19 PM by JayJ »

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Added 'Spell Check' to post options
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »

PMSL

It's a shame spell check can't be a fixed thing on the forum so posts are checked anyway, okay so this forum, isn't too bad and don't get me wrong my spelling isn't perfect but on other forums the lack of punctuation and the poor grama some people pass off on posts/threads is just awful and sometimes very hard to read. My number one pet hate is people who use text shorthand on forums, with computers, smartphones and tablets with full qwerty keyboards there's just no excuse for it IMHO.

I use Chrome on my desktop anyway so won't use the spellcheck and in all honesty I rarely visit this or other forums through my desktop preferring my N7 or S2 and Tapatalk to read, post and moderate...

I do think it's a good addition to the forum though!

I'm with you on this one Jay.  Before I join a forum, I spend several days stalking.  If most of the posts aren't easily legible to me. I just don't join.  Unfortunately, texting is here to stay and is starting to creep into the language.  I think that eventually, our speech will become the new "Old English".  If Shakespeare were reincarnated today, he would have a hard time communicating.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman