March 28, 2024, 04:38:29 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 WiFi Grey connected but isn't.  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Smssexton

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 WiFi Grey connected but isn't.
« on: September 10, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »
I have had my Nexus for a couple days now and it has worked at 3 different home locations fantastically. I went to a local coffee shop with it yesterday and once I connected to the WiFi it was Grey not Blue and even though it said connected it wasn't. The internet is fine there everyone around me was connected it and working fine. I was wondering if there is weird settings that need to be changed in order to work? Or is anyone else having the same problem?

Thank you.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 WiFi Grey connected but isn't.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:55:08 AM »
As a thought, many public WiFi locations require that you open your browser after connecting at which point you will see their provider's splash page, which facilitates in control of the content you are allowed to view. If this page does not remain open as the first page in your browser, you are blocked from Internet or email access.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Smssexton

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
That could be it seeing how I haven't taken any other device such as my laptop in there and maybe it just isn't popping up on the nexus. I did consider that while i was there and let my browser (chrome) try and find one of those pages and not luck. I did connect to a law office next door and they had one of those pages unfortunately it require a password even though it was unsecured. This might just be their internet. But I thought I would share. The problem still persists.   

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
If your coffee shop is "Panera's" it works exactly this way.  Need to read splash screen to allow connection.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman