April 15, 2024, 11:28:43 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Best $249 I've Ever Spent  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Best $249 I've Ever Spent
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
I've had my N7 for about two months now.  I was surprised when my technology impaired wife started asking me about it.  Turns out my daughter was looking for people to play online games with and she convinced the boss to get a tablet.  Off to the nearest electronics store we went.  The sales clerk showed her an iPad and said it was the best they had.  I gently explained that I don't allow Apple or Sony products in my house.  We finally found her a Nexus 7 at our local Walmart.  Took it home and plugged it in.

About 3 hours later, we started the setup.  First thing was getting her a gmail address.  She was happy to get a new email address so that only her friends would have it and she wouldn't get any more junk mail.  (Note:  about every six months I give her a new address on my domain).  Then we inputted her credit card info and she saw the $25 Play Store credit notice.  She asked why she had to pay another $25.  I explained that it was the other way around.  They were giving her $25 to spend in the Play Store.

I installed some games and the app to download library books.  I taught her how to use the Play Store and how to remove apps she doesn't want.  Of course, everything that wanted an email address got her new one.  So much for the save it for friends idea.

If you've read this far in my lengthy post, you're probably wondering about the title.  Truth is, since she got the N7, she is spending a lot of time plying Angry Birds and several other games.  This means she isn't taking the time to think of things for me to do.  Not only that, but I finally get to watch my TV shows.  It was definitely the best $249 I've ever spent.

I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Best $249 I've Ever Spent
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:44:29 AM »
I bought one for myself but now she wants one. The Ipad is no good anymore after she saw everything I can do with this thing.

Offline ctrlz

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best $249 I've Ever Spent
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:39 AM »
I got mine yesterday and absolutely love it.  Only problem now is I have to go to work and put it down!
CtrlZ

JayJ

Re: Re: Best $249 I've Ever Spent
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:53:37 AM »
I got mine yesterday and absolutely love it.  Only problem now is I have to go to work and put it down!

Take it with you...

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »

Take it with you...

I agree, take it with you  8)

Offline ctrlz

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »

Take it with you...

I agree, take it with you  8)

It's in my big fat hands as we speak and I'm sitting in the shop with little to do but wait for lunch with my lady and messing with my nexus!   God I love this thing and now that I can SMS with it....my RAZR Maxx is getting jealous!
CtrlZ

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts