March 29, 2024, 09:29:35 AM

collapse

Author Topic: display question  (Read 2540 times)

Offline haridan

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
display question
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
k I'm very happy with my new Nexus 7 I do have 1 question.

every now and then I see like a slit running perpendicular to the length of the screen – its  like a razor cut in a piece of saran wrap.   It is transitory and it goes away so it's not really a hindrance, I just want to know if it is a problem that needs to be addressed or if I can just ignore it and not worry about it.  obviously I want to take care of it as soon if it's a problem.
thanks

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: display question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »
I have the same issue sometimes. It just flashes down the screen vertically. I think it is pretty common.

Offline ctrlz

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
Gah!   My ocd couldn't handle that.   Did you both purchase your N7's online from Google or at a local store?   If on line, I would definitely call them and at least make them aware of what you're dealing with.  I had to for a minor issue and the problem was resolved right away.   That's for another posting though.
CtrlZ

Offline haridan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
Gah!   My ocd couldn't handle that.   Did you both purchase your N7's online from Google or at a local store?   If on line, I would definitely call them and at least make them aware of what you're dealing with.  I had to for a minor issue and the problem was resolved right away.   That's for another posting though.

mine came from. office max,  but who could I contact online? is service through the retailer only?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »
Mine came from Microcenter. It is past my time to be able to take it back. I thought the line was the flicker that folks refer to. It only happens occasionally. It is like a strike of lightning but a perfect line.

Offline GNexus 7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 03:37:41 PM »
Hi,

I too have a vertical line flash that happens occasionally while surfing. It doesn't bother me that much so I doubt I will be returning it for a replacement and because I am on my second Nexus after having a pixel issue and fear that another replacement could give me another issue that could be worse.

Offline staceyr1978

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
I get that, too, but not very often.  I wonder if it has something to do with the automatic brightness adjustment that happens with changes of lighting in the environment?  I guess there's only one way to find out and that would be for me to turn the setting off and see if it stops.

It doesn't really annoy me too much, though, and I can live with it as long as there is nothing about it that signifies something will soon malfunction.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
It happens to me without auto brightness being on.

Offline jvnunez

• View Profile
Re: Re: display question
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 03:04:58 AM »
I get that, too, but not very often.  I wonder if it has something to do with the automatic brightness adjustment that happens with changes of lighting in the environment?  I guess there's only one way to find out and that would be for me to turn the setting off and see if it stops.

It doesn't really annoy me too much, though, and I can live with it as long as there is nothing about it that signifies something will soon malfunction.

Use lux autobrightness from play store. That should eliminate the issue

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts