March 28, 2024, 05:27:50 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Best Case/Cover For Nexus7  (Read 44913 times)

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Best Cover For Nexus7
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
Check this out...

That looks cool Jay, but I really like having the functionality of the magnetic sleep/wake type cover...

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
Re: Best Cover For Nexus7
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
Well, I first bought a $6 Neoprene cover on Amazon  to protect the Nexus 7 while in my briefcase.
http://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Accessories-Includes-keychain-MDK2G2B1/dp/B008BXR5B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347159507&sr=8-1&keywords=Black+Neoprene+With+Zipper+Outside+Pocket+For+Extra+Accessories

It worked fine but is useful only for packing..    I really wanted a book like case similar to the one I used with my old Kindle.  I found the "Google Nexus 7 Tablet Slim Fit Leather Case (Deep Blue) with Stand by Supcase (TM)" on Amazon Prime and ordered it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I0E7X0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I am very happy with it.  The quality is excellent and I really like that it turns off the tablet for me when I close it. The Nexus has not been out of the case since I received it.

Well then I recently ran into the "Rothco Brown Canvas Small Travel Portfolio Shoulder Bag" for $15 on Amazon Prime and could not resist ordering it:
http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Canvas-Travel-Portfolio-Shoulder/dp/B005K90RF4/ref=cm_pdp_rev_itm_title_1

It came in this week and I am really pleased with it.  Looks and feels like canvas but is actually cotton, so not as heavy. Really well made and a steal for the price. PLUS, the Nexus with leather case fits in the bag like it was made for it!

I think I have enough cases now!

Rich
Cedar Creek Lake, TX

I really like the looks of that case that comes in all different colors.  I looks similar to my roocase 'cept I think mine only came in black.  I like having a choice of colors...  But how well does it fold back on itself, Rich??  That's the way I use mine 99% of the time. 

de W6FG

Offline jonv

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best Case/Cover For Nexus7
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
I can't give enough stars to this case after usng it for a week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RX2ZV4/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i00

Thin as can be and hardly adds any thicknes to the device so it really does slip into back jeans pockets.  So far I haven't been stupid enough to sit down fogetting its there.  N7 slides in and out quite easy so I can easily pull out to mount in car.  Case magnets work like a charm.  And only $11.99!!!  Best case I've bought ever I think for any device.

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »
I can't give enough stars to this case after usng it for a week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RX2ZV4/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i00

Thin as can be and hardly adds any thicknes to the device so it really does slip into back jeans pockets.  So far I haven't been stupid enough to sit down fogetting its there.  N7 slides in and out quite easy so I can easily pull out to mount in car.  Case magnets work like a charm.  And only $11.99!!!  Best case I've bought ever I think for any device.

Hey...

Thanks jonv!  Just what I was looking for.  I just placed my order for the blue one.  I have a 'rooCASE' which I do like, but I wanted something without all the bulk.  The rooCASE just adds so much bulk that the N7 seems like a big handful and that kind of defeats the purpose of a tablet IMO.  Thanks for the heads up!

radio

Offline Omgitsjoe

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Best Cover For Nexus7
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 01:55:03 AM »
Check this out...

Thank you ! I'll be going with this one !!

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
The couple of things that I want out of a case are as follows:

Something that protects but doesn't add too much bulk.  Part of the fun of a tab, for me, is how light and thin they are.  Next, the case has to have a "lid" or a cover that makes use of the auto sleep function.  I've really grown accustomed to that feature with my current rooCase.  And it has to be able to fold back on itself.  That cover is a must-have for me, BUT it has to get out of the way when I'm using the tablet.  I don't want to have to use two hands, like I'm holding a big heavy book or something.  And I don't find myself setting it down in one of the tilt-back positions anyway so no need for the multiple viewing angles set ups.  Lastly, black is sooo boring...  I like some color options. 

Just my 2ยข worth...

radio
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:18:15 AM by radiocycle »

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:59 PM »
I'm trying to talk myself into buying this case: http://www.speckproducts.com/fitfolio-for-google-nexus-7.html If I didn't already have two cases I'd buy it in a flash.

It looks nice and light weight and doesn't get in the way on the bezel so that you can't easily swipe down from the top.  I like the colors and the fact that it's not real leather.  I got a note from the manufacture telling me that if I bought it on their site, and didn't like it for any reason, they would give me a full refund.  Thinkin' I might go for it....

radio
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:43:46 PM by radiocycle »

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 08:38:56 PM »
I'm trying to talk myself into buying this case: http://www.speckproducts.com/fitfolio-for-google-nexus-7.html If I didn't already have two cases I'd buy it in a flash.

It looks nice and light weight and doesn't get in the way on the bezel so that you can't easily swipe down from the top.  I like the colors and the fact that it's not real leather.  I got a note from the manufacture telling me that if I bought it on their site, and didn't like it for any reason, they would give me a full refund.  Thinkin' I might go for it....

radio

$13.71 minus shipping cost cheaper on Amazon.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »
Gumdrop cases are sweet if you want something like an otter box.

Offline JirikH

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »
Ive got This one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190725363803 - for this money is very good offer :)

Offline optimalbeast

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »
Poetic Slimline is perfect.   Its incredible thin and isnbasiczlly like the cover for the iPad.   It has a magnet inside that turns screen on off when you open or close the cover.  The cover has a microfiber on the inside that protects and cleans the screen.  The cover can also fold into a stand for viewing.... best value at $15 on amazon.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
Poetic Slimline is perfect.   Its incredible thin and isnbasiczlly like the cover for the iPad.   It has a magnet inside that turns screen on off when you open or close the cover.  The cover has a microfiber on the inside that protects and cleans the screen.  The cover can also fold into a stand for viewing.... best value at $15 on amazon.

I've been searching for a case for my wife's N7.  This one  isn't available on Amazon until October 31.  Price will be $24.95.  It looks like the black case will be available on October 22 for the same price.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline paxham

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 07:52:56 AM »
I am very please with my paxham Moko Slim Fit I got on Amazon.  This along with a screen shield is essential equipment.  The Moko has improved by N7 experience exponentially. I very much disliked handling my naked tablet.  Now it feels comfortable in my hand, fits like a glove and looks great.  I like the auto on/off feature too.  All for under $15.  Couldn't ask for more.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Best Case/Cover For Nexus7
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
I am very please with my paxham Moko Slim Fit I got on Amazon.  This along with a screen shield is essential equipment.  The Moko has improved by N7 experience exponentially. I very much disliked handling my naked tablet.  Now it feels comfortable in my hand, fits like a glove and looks great.  I like the auto on/off feature too.  All for under $15.  Couldn't ask for more.
Did you design it? The reason I ask is you stated your alias with the name of the cover.
I agree. The feel of the naked tablet just screams for some sort of clothing. I haven't upgraded to anything electronic or magnetic yet. I use a little cheapie from 5 Below. It protects it to the minimum but I like that in a way. I prop it up like a partially open book on its pages and it serves as a decent stand. I can say that the Nexus can take a beating because she has been knocked over many times. I had it set up on a chair at a picnic watching the Philadelphia Eagles game with a bunch of people. They didn't quite get that the sometimes bad reception came from the fact I was using my phone as a hot spot and a Slingbox to stream the Live tv to the tablet. Moving the chair just knocked my Nexus down. They thought they could move it around like an old antenna tv. They call us computer geeks?

Offline YoshiDrei81601

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
My case is from a reliable manufacturer in HongKong called CapDase. It is a silicon like case that is sewed into a leather flip case which has long indents to slide the tablet into. It also makes your tablet look like the I/O edition Nexus 7. It also covers the screen lift problem which absolutely solves my OCD problems for my tablet. -Yoshi-
Current Gadgets: Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Past Gadgets: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Xperia Arc S

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt