March 19, 2024, 03:15:12 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop Touch Gets Updated For Nexus 7  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Adobe Photoshop Touch Gets Updated For Nexus 7
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »

Great news for those looking to use their Nexus 7s for a little creativity with 'Photoshop Touch', which just got optimized for the 7 inch screen of the N7 with a bunch of new visual and functional tweaks.  For those that don't know, Adobe Photoshop is one of if not THE premier image manipulation and retouching programs in the world.  Most likely every image you see in any magazine or on the web has been filtered, adjusted, recolored, recalibrated, changed, optimized or something else with the use of Photoshop.  It's part of a complete 'Touch' suite of products that Adobe has and it's nice to see they've got us N7 owners in mind with this update.  Here's a video summary for the app:

Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.

• Use your tablet camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
• Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
• Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
• Follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
• Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
• Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you'd like to achieve.
• Automatically sync projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS6 or Photoshop CS5.1.
• Free membership to Creative Cloud gives you 2GB of cloud storage plus the ability to sync between tablet and desktop, access files from the web, and easily share with others. Learn more > http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud

Photoshop Touch includes support for layers, selection tools, adjustments and filters just like its big brother on the desktop to let you perform all kinds of magic on your images.  This new version features a host of new features such as support for images up to 12MP, adding a photo as a layer using your tablet's camera, a new Scribble selection tool, integrated Google image search, Refine Edge tool and more.   Adobe offers fantastic support and even trailing with a full range of tutorials that will walk you from beginner to creating awesome visuals on a professional level. Perhaps most importantly, you can open your Adobe Photoshop Touch images in Photoshop CS5.1 or CS6 on your desktop with layers intact enabling you to further refine your work from your nexus 7 creation.  You can read more and download the app at the link below.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:05:21 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe Photoshop Touch Gets Updated For Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
Just a shame there's not a usable camera on the Nexus 7.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »
This wasn't available yesterday. Cool app.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »
Hopefully we'll see it as a free Amazon app of the day...

...won't hold my breathe though...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline freakshow999

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »
Sweet!
I didn't know they finally updated it and put it back on the market. I've been playing around with 1.3.

Highly doubtful you'll see it as an amazon free app. I think it's been at least a year since they put a decent app (not game) for free on the daily deal... :(

Sent from Keone's Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
Amazing how much control you have with the app. I know the Nexus isn't really a photographers dream but you still can upload and play.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline freakshow999

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »
I take pictures from my phone and transfer them to the tablet via bluetooth to play with them. I've also imported pics from my D3100 using my otg cable to play with them also. Obviously not anywhere near the performance of Photoshop it is great for doing things on the go when you don't want to pull your laptop out. I really like that it has layering built into it because you can do some really cool stuff with it. This version is definitely optimized for a 7" screen and is far less buggy than 1.3.

Sent from Keone's Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts