March 28, 2024, 05:53:18 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Tracking info thread  (Read 16882 times)

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Tracking info thread
« on: July 14, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
Hey guys,

Has anyone received any REAL tracking info yet?  I got my notification late last night but it hasnt updated to show anything.  I still get the "UPS has no record" message which i know is normal in the first hours of shipment.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten any real info like a delivery date yet.

I am really really hoping to see it delivered Monday on my day off.  I live in Indiana. 

Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline Undo

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking info thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
I got the email from Google after midnight on Saturday morning. I assume that means even if the package is at a UPS facility, there will be no tracking update until Monday morning when UPS opens for business. I highly doubt the package is in transit since there has been no such update. I don't expect to receive it until Wednesday, or possibly Tuesday afternoon.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:08:25 AM »
I have my tracking number but UPS says the package hasn't made it to their facility yet so delivery date can be set.  I agree that I probably wont get mine until Tuesday or Wednesday :-/

Offline Don

• 16GB N7 ordrd 27Jun, Andoid fan since Cupcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
This is what UPS shows since Friday night when I was notified by Google.
UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

I talked to a buddy that used to work at UPS and he says they "keep it moving" so I am guessing that it hasn't left the Google facility yet :(
~Don

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
I got my tracking number Saturday morning at 2:14 a.m.  My N7 should have gotten loaded on a truck and made it out of the distribution center Saturday.  If Asus and Google shipped my N7 from a west coast or southwest UPS facility, there's a good chance it made it to my local UPS office Saturday.  UPS doesn't work Sundays (today), so I'm hoping I'll get mine on Monday. 
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:51:14 AM »
I got my tracking number Saturday morning at 2:14 a.m.  My N7 should have gotten loaded on a truck and made it out of the distribution center Saturday.  If Asus and Google shipped my N7 from a west coast or southwest UPS facility, there's a good chance it made it to my local UPS office Saturday.  UPS doesn't work Sundays (today), so I'm hoping I'll get mine on Monday.

What message do you get when you try to track?
~Don

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

What message do you get when you try to track?

Here's what UPS shows for mine:
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

I hope to know more tomorrow.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »
Don,

I get the same message as Samalex.  My speculation may be a WAG, but the Bay Area is the second largest port for Asian import entries, and Los Angeles is #1.  Assuming Asus makes the N7 in the Philippines or China, N7 shipments will enter one of those two ports, and be stored in an Asus or Google warehouse.  Google and Asus HQs are both in the Bay Area, in Mountain View and Fremont, CA, respectively.  The main UPS distribution facility in the Bay Area is in Oakland, CA, 40 minutes from me.

So, it's a good guess my N7 is in my local UPS station already, and will be on my doorstep tomorrow.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:31 AM »
I guess those of us on the east coast aren't as important. I have not received any tracking info and I ordered shortly after announced on the 27th.  So bummed. As long as it is here by Wednesday it will still be within the original 2-3 weeks... and I will still be happy. I will be happy no matter what, the moment I have a fully functional 16GB N7 in my hands. I just wish it was as soon as everyone else's... I would think I was one of the first(hundred) to order, so why not one of the first to ship.  ???
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:45:28 AM by stinkyjak »
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 01:38:53 AM »
Stinkyjak,

That doesn't sound right.  I ordered 6/27 a little after noon and received notice Friday.

Make sure your email address is right and then call them 855 836-3987

They are sending the notices out in big batches but people that ordered after 7/5 have already received notice.  Hope you get some good news soon!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »
Could it possibly be due to region? I ordered 06Jul2012 and am on the East Coast and have had no notification as well.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 05:10:25 AM »
My info has been updated to "shipped on 7/11/12"  under 2nd day Air. But nothing else has updated yet. I'm thinking around 9am things will update a lot. If it did ship on the 11th I should have it today.
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline Diver4242

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 05:30:42 AM »
I'm in NJ and I ordered 6/27 at 1:29pm and I got my tracking email on Friday. Just this morning it changed to the 'label has been created' thing, so I'm hoping to get some real info shortly, as their systems get spun up this morning.

Offline kyoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »
i think that's just how ups works until likea business day or two after the company gives it to ups

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »
Google/UPS yur killin me............
I can pray and eat jellybeans all day but I don't think it is going to arrive until Tues grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shows I was billed/shipped 11July.....
~Don

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt