March 28, 2024, 04:37:01 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Google Play Orders Outside the USA  (Read 12390 times)

Offline winglessraven

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Google Play Orders Outside the USA
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:36:50 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone outside the USA who ordered from Google Play have had devices dispatched yet?

I ordered on the 27th and still nothing.

Cheers,
Dave.

Offline edhunter

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Google Play Orders Outside the USA
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:24:40 AM »
I ordered in the UK on 3rd July. I have rang Google twice and been told different things both times. First I was told that the N7 would arrive early this week,  then I was told it would be at the end of the week. I'm not impressed with the level of customer service from Google. I don't mind waiting. It not knowing that's bothering me.

Offline winglessraven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »
I ordered in the UK on 3rd July. I have rang Google twice and been told different things both times. First I was told that the N7 would arrive early this week,  then I was told it would be at the end of the week. I'm not impressed with the level of customer service from Google. I don't mind waiting. It not knowing that's bothering me.

Ditto!  It would just be nice to actually be told something...

Offline valar84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone outside the USA who ordered from Google Play have had devices dispatched yet?

I ordered on the 27th and still nothing.

Cheers,
Dave.

I'm in Canada, ordered it on June 28th, not shipped yet, but... last night Google tried to charge my credit card for it, and failed as it had expired just days beforehand, though I had added the new replacement card to Google Play and obviously Google has added no algorithm to alert users of when their cards expire nor of defaulting to other cards on the same account.

Anyway, if they tried to charge the card, it was because they probably aim to ship them very soon. I just hope my g****mn credit card didn't bump me off to the end of the wait list.

Offline lundjordan

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
In Toronto, Canada. Ordered June 27th, 11:30am EDT. No email, tracking number or CC charge. Staples beside me had one on Saturday when I walked in the door randomly. Should have got it but didn't want the hassle of returning it.

Offline valar84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
I've just received the e-mail confirming that my Nexus 7 has just been shipped. As I said, this is in Canada.

Offline winglessraven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »
I've just received the e-mail confirming that my Nexus 7 has just been shipped. As I said, this is in Canada.

Awesome   :D

Hopefully if you guys in Canada are starting to get them we will in the UK too.

Can't wait!

Offline allotesting

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:57:22 AM »
Hi

From Montreal Canada and ordered it the 29th at 13:00 and received the shipping notification yesterday at 22:25.  Youppppppi

Offline edhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »
Has anyone in the UK heard anything yet? There has been reports of credit cards being charged in the last 24 hours and some have even reported deliveries. Unfortunately it appears that they are not being processed in the order they were pre-ordered.

Offline winglessraven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Has anyone in the UK heard anything yet? There has been reports of credit cards being charged in the last 24 hours and some have even reported deliveries. Unfortunately it appears that they are not being processed in the order they were pre-ordered.

Just had confirmation that my first order has shipped  :D ... ordered during the I/O keynote..wooo hooooo!!!

Offline edhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
Great news. I'll be happy if I get mine before the end of the week.

Offline allotesting

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »
Received notification that the N7 was on its way but nothing is updated on the UPS site from 22:00 yesterday.
Forgot to say that I'm from Montreal area

Offline winglessraven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 03:24:55 AM »
Good news!  Mine arrived this morning, can't wait to get home from work and fire it up!

I had an e-mail from Google yesterday (below)...

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us- if you’ve already received your Nexus 7, then please disregard this message.  First of all, I wanted to apologize for our delayed response. We’ve had incredible demand for Nexus 7, and we’re working on shipping them and answering your questions as quickly as possible.  I’m including some information below about when to expect your device.

When your device ships, you’ll receive a notification from Google Play with a shipping tracking number.

All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20 (BST), and all Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through June 30 (BST) will ship by July 20 (BST). The remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship next week .

If you placed your order on or before July 13 and you don’t receive your confirmation and device in the timeframe detailed above, please let us know by responding to this email so that we can ensure your order has gone through properly. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Paz
The Google Play Team

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »
Just for clarification, did you ever receive the shipping confirmation or just the email you posted?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:45:06 AM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline winglessraven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Just for clarification, did you ever receive the shipping confirmation or just the email you posted?

Hi, received the shipping confirmation last night at around 16:30 (UK time) and my N7 was delivered today.

E-mail quoted above was sent in another e-mail.

Cheers,
Dave.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt