After suffering some hopeless support from Asus here in Australia, the unit is on it's way back to the dealer for replacement, at my cost of course!
1. The dealer, Wireless 1 in Sydney, advises I have to deal with Asus on warranty matters.
2. Asus advise me to return the unit to my local Asus Service Center.
3. I drive 100km to the Melbourne Asus Service Center.
4. They only do laptops! 'Please contact the Sydney Service Center'
5. 1st guy at Asus in Sydney gets all my details then the call drops out.
6. 2nd guy at Asus in Sydney says ' all you've been told is BS'
7. As the unit was purchased less than 30 days ago, I have to negotiate with the dealer!
8. I'm given a DOA number by Asus, for reference by the dealer.
9. I drive 100km home, in a bit of bad mood!
10. Call the dealer in Sydney, OK, return it to us, at my expense!
11. Pay $20 for insured delivery.
12. Wait for G#d knows how long for a new unit.
Next step, a carefully composed letter to the head of Asus here in Australia!