April 20, 2024, 12:05:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: here it comes (4.2.2)  (Read 27913 times)

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: here it comes (4.2.2)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »
I may sound naive but I will try
I downloaded Goo Manager which allowed me to install openrecoveryscript (TWRP 2.4.1)
How do I open TWRP to navigate and select the new rom (4.2.2) file ?
Cab I use goo Manager to flash the new rom file instead ?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »
Yes. You can use Goo. Follow the install and it will lead you to your recovery. Install the zip from recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:11:25 PM by bjs229 »

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 07:59:56 PM »
I always keep a Nandroid of a clean install of the latest update. I just restore the Nandroid, then proceed with the update file in recovery. Removes most of the hiccups. I use titanium for the rest. My Nandroid contains no apps or mods, just what necessary for a smooth update.

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (RaZR3Ds.JB.ROM.FiNaL.v3-R3Ds) via Tapatalk 2

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »
Reading through the changelogs, I see a mention of wifi display. Could this be miracast?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: here it comes (4.2.2)
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »
I always keep a Nandroid of a clean install of the latest update. I just restore the Nandroid, then proceed with the update file in recovery. Removes most of the hiccups. I use titanium for the rest. My Nandroid contains no apps or mods, just what necessary for a smooth update.

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (RaZR3Ds.JB.ROM.FiNaL.v3-R3Ds) via Tapatalk 2
That is great advice.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 09:22:30 PM »
Reading through the changelogs, I see a mention of wifi display. Could this be miracast?
I have read its just minor tweaks to BT and other behind the scenes stuff. Miracast would be amazing but I think they are saving it for KLP.

JayJ

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »
I don't think we'll ever see Miracast on the N7, yes the N7 has Wi-Fi direct and the Tegra 3 supports Miracast but does the rest of the Nexus 7? People are having a hard enough time getting it to work on the N4...

As for JDQ39, it's primarily a bug fix release but does include some new features...

Security for ADB connection, when connecting for the first time you will be promoted to allow connection. This will create a USB Debugging Whitelist but only applies to locked bootloaders, if you have an unlocked bootloader and somebody steals your phone with ADB knowledge they can pull your data...

App download notification tweaks, the progress bar will now include a percentage and estimate time of completion.

Quick settings, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can now be toggled on and off with a longpress of the tile.

New sounds for Wireless charging, there was no sound before. (Obviously this is Nexus 4). A new low battery warning sound.

Removed option to show All Calls in phone app's call list.

New Gallery animations...

Improved battery life for Nexus 7???

This isn't confirmed but Google have updated the Play Store Nexus 7 product page, estimated battery life did read ”Up to 8 hours of active use" and now reads " Up to 10 hours of active use"...

Speculation of course but is this 4.2.2 at work??

So these are the new additions, what are the bug fixes??

Sent from my 16GB Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
I will try again and write the error word for word.
Did you try again?

Sent from my 16Gb Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Techguru

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »
Quick note:  If you have SuperSU, you don't need Voodoo root keeper for this upgrade.  In SuperSU settings, check the Survival Mode box.  After loading the patch, re-open SuperSU, go to settings and uncheck "Enable SuperSU" and then re-check it.  Some apps will need to re-request Superuser access (Seeder for one).  Others just work.

Alan

Offline CBers

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Quick note:  If you have SuperSU, you don't need Voodoo root keeper for this upgrade.  In SuperSU settings, check the Survival Mode box.  After loading the patch, re-open SuperSU, go to settings and uncheck "Enable SuperSU" and then re-check it.  Some apps will need to re-request Superuser access (Seeder for one).  Others just work.

Alan
Thanks, wasn't aware of that.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »
I don't think we'll ever see Miracast on the N7, yes the N7 has Wi-Fi direct and the Tegra 3 supports Miracast but does the rest of the Nexus 7? People are having a hard enough time getting it to work on the N4...

As for JDQ39, it's primarily a bug fix release but does include some new features...

Security for ADB connection, when connecting for the first time you will be promoted to allow connection. This will create a USB Debugging Whitelist but only applies to locked bootloaders, if you have an unlocked bootloader and somebody steals your phone with ADB knowledge they can pull your data...

App download notification tweaks, the progress bar will now include a percentage and estimate time of completion.

Quick settings, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can now be toggled on and off with a longpress of the tile.

New sounds for Wireless charging, there was no sound before. (Obviously this is Nexus 4). A new low battery warning sound.

Removed option to show All Calls in phone app's call list.

New Gallery animations...

Improved battery life for Nexus 7???

This isn't confirmed but Google have updated the Play Store Nexus 7 product page, estimated battery life did read ”Up to 8 hours of active use" and now reads " Up to 10 hours of active use"...

Speculation of course but is this 4.2.2 at work??

So these are the new additions, what are the bug fixes??

Sent from my 16GB Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

There are some improvements to location sync updates and code efficiencies that should improve battery life. Also the mediascanner bugs.
I've noticed a big difference in battery time unchecking those options in google now, currents, and local.
Trying to make sense of the changelog, I have to write down all the issues numbers and cross reference to the android open handset alliance page to see what's going on. Since I'm extremely lazy, I'll wait for the android police translations.

Offline NordieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 12:21:44 PM »
Error 7 in CWM when trying to update via the downloaded file in the link here.

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
Jay, you gonna write any kind of "dummies" guide for the 4.2.2 update?? ...I could use it.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

JayJ

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
Jay, you gonna write any kind of "dummies" guide for the 4.2.2 update?? ...I could use it.

radio

If enough people want it I could...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline dominic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 03:09:08 PM »

radio

Yes I am a dummy and surely love to have a "dummies guide"

If enough people want it I could...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee