March 28, 2024, 02:52:23 AM

collapse

Author Topic: What's up? - so leer hier?  (Read 3961 times)

Offline Thelodios

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
What's up? - so leer hier?
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
I wonder if this forum should be used in english vor german?

Ich schreibe jetzt einfach mal auf Deutsch weiter, da mir sonst ständig die Recht schreib Funktion die englischen Wörter ersetzt.

Weiß jemand, wie man die Eingabesprache schnell wechseln kann?

Auf der Leertaste ist zwar auch "Deutsch" als Funktion hinterlegt - ich habe es aber nicht geschafft, die Funktion auf "English" umzustellen.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn sich bald auch andere deutschsprachige Nexus 7 User dazu gesellen.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: What's up? - so leer hier?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:53:52 AM »
If you can do it in English it would probably be more usable for most members...otherwise you're limiting yourself to only German speakers.  Up to you though.  I'm ok with either as long as you keep the german to this board only.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
I write simply want to further German because otherwise I constantly read the legal function replaces the English words.

Does anyone know how to change the input language quickly?

While on the spacebar is also "German" is stored as a function - but I have not managed to switch the function to "English".

I would be happy if soon other German-speaking Nexus 7 users to join.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
Thanks for the translation JayJ!

:D
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:50:57 PM »
The thanks goes to Google Translate... lol

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline Thelodios

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
German Forum Section - Pro & Contra of writing Germen
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
yeah, but google translate sometimes translates nonsense - OK, that's not new!

Back to my question: What Google translates:

"I write simply want to further German because otherwise I constantly read the legal function replaces the English words."

means originally:

"I want to write in German, because the orthography function of the NEXUS constantly replaces english words by german words"

So it is very uncomfortable an time consuming to write in English, not because of my English, as you may see, but of the tecnical restrictions of the Nexus7. I did not figure out how to change the input language very quick and just for one article.

And in addition: why a german forum section? The only reason i could think of, is to give room for people, that could not write in english. Otherwise there is no need of a german forum section.

Maybe you will tell me?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:23:23 AM by Thelodios »

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 07:04:44 AM »
I have found the hackers keyboard application to be useful. You can toggle multiple languages by sliding on the space bar, and if the dictionaries are installed hopefully it will toggle those as well. The numerals are always in the top row which is easier for passwords.

If enough German speakers join, this section will be more useful. You are not confined here.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:04 AM »
Thanks for the question Thelodios.  The reason for the 'Germany' board is the same as with the other international and region boards.  It gives a place where topics that might be 'specific' to that country can be discussed...such as carriers and 3G plans, retailers where people can get the best price on the Nexus 7 if they don't want to purchase through Google Play (and even if they do, policies such as tax might be different country to country), where to buy accessories near to them, etc.  It also provides a place where other Nexus 7 owners that are in the same country...or near to each other might meet other like-minded people.   

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman