March 29, 2024, 05:18:58 AM

collapse

Author Topic: What do you all think of the New Nexus 7?  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
What do you all think of the New Nexus 7?
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:33:47 PM »
Now that we've had the official introduction how does everyone feel about the New Nexus 7?  Do you plan on buying one?  Impressed with the new Full HD screen?  Let's hear your thoughts!

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: What do you all think of the New Nexus 7?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:45:13 PM »
My plan is to go with the 32 GB WiFi version of the Nexus 7 2013 and purchase from Walmart with their extended and accident warranty coverage for 2 years, like I did on my Nexus 10, since Walmart was listed in the national retailers who are expected to offer the Nexus 7 2013 on 30Jul2013. Incidentally, I was disappointed to hear that the UK and numerous other foreign markets will not have availability on the 30th. One of my younger family members, will receive my Nexus 7 2012, which retains plenty of useful life.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »
There was a picture of an inventory screen showing the new Nexus 7 16GB and 32GB at CarphoneWarehouse in the UK.  There wasn't a release date but I'm pretty sure it's going to be sooner than later.  I'll try and put a post up about it soon when I find out more info.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:17:05 AM »
Evolutionary, but not revolutionary!  A bit "ho-hum".  New JB4.3 is good, but I'm sure it will soon be pushed down to orig N7.

N7.2 is probably a boost for gamers, but not much new for conventional low-power users (e-mail, book-readers, occasional web browsing).  Sorry to see no micro-SD card.

Think I'll wait for awhile.  It least I'll not need to repurchase and reinstall all my apps.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »
Evolutionary, but not revolutionary!  A bit "ho-hum".  New JB4.3 is good, but I'm sure it will soon be pushed down to orig N7.

N7.2 is probably a boost for gamers, but not much new for conventional low-power users (e-mail, book-readers, occasional web browsing).  Sorry to see no micro-SD card.

Think I'll wait for awhile.  It least I'll not need to repurchase and reinstall all my apps.

Hmm, don't think you would need to 'repurchase', just reinstall.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline paulo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »
I think it looks a great bit of kit!
HDMI out, high def screen, stereo speakers, wireless charging and £100 less than an iPad mini?
Its a bargain...
The only trouble for me is that I still love the original and have about 8 gig worth of space that hasn't been used, and I bought it on launch!! There's still tons of life left in the original for me.
Asus and Google do a great job  :)

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
I think it looks a great bit of kit!
HDMI out, high def screen, stereo speakers, wireless charging and £100 less than an iPad mini?
Its a bargain...
The only trouble for me is that I still love the original and have about 8 gig worth of space that hasn't been used, and I bought it on launch!! There's still tons of life left in the original for me.
Asus and Google do a great job  :)

Yeah, same here paulo, my old N7 is perking along just fine.  Problem here is though, I have the 8G and so I've had to be very careful about loading it up and had to uninstall a few large apps so as not to make it too sluggish.  I'm going for the 32G version of the new Nexus as soon as I can pick it up on GP.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »
There was a picture of an inventory screen showing the new Nexus 7 16GB and 32GB at CarphoneWarehouse in the UK.  There wasn't a release date but I'm pretty sure it's going to be sooner than later.  I'll try and put a post up about it soon when I find out more info.

From what I've read we're at September... Grrr

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »
This thing feels great! Taking some time to get used too. Sleeker, thinner. Screen is beautiful. Striking difference between the two.
Feels like Xmas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Undo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
it's a bit slippery. I liked the grippy texture of the first one better. Lighter, thinner and narrower is a slight improvement but not a huge difference. It's still a bit wide for palming in one hand while reading an ebook.

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 09:34:59 AM »
I'm loving mine so far. Had the 16gb of the 2012 Nexus 7, loved it too, but it started causing me issues. First, Google Play wouldn't work, then the keyboard wouldn't work, as well as speed issues. By the time I did a factory restore, I had already decided to sell it and get the 2013 32GB Nexus 7. I love everything about it, just watched my first movie on it, and it looks and sounds amazing (though I did find one dead/stuck pixel now). Playing games is amazing on the Nexus 7 2013, its such a fast tablet, everything is fast and smooth. As long as I don't run into problems like I did with my first Nexus 7, I will be keeping this one for a few years.

JayJ

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
Hey Scott, glad to hear your enjoying your 2013 Nexus 7.

Did you sort the dead or sleeping pixel?
There's an app on the Play store that can detect dead or sleeping pixels and if sleeping, wake them.
It's here...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.chris.blackspotdetect

If it's dead, I'd suggest an RMA.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:52:16 AM by JayJ »

Offline coxsone001

• Popularity: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
So far I have had a few problems. Looking on this forum has helped. I only have one problem still to sort. The OTG cable.
I never realised there were so many different ones. Some work and some do not!! My old Nexus just ran my memory sticks.
Hopefully this will be sorted by Google or someone. If the worst happens I have a wifi hard drive I can use.

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
I was on the Long Island Railroad heading home last night, I was watching Star Trek (2009) on my new Nexus 7. Sitting next to me is a 50ish old lady with her toy....errr, iPad mini. Every few minutes I see her, out of the corner of my eyes,   looking at my Nexus 7, sneaking a peek. Now, she's probably clueless and probably thinks the iPad mini is the greatest most powerful 7-8 inch tablet, but in all reality, she was sitting next to the guy (me) with the greatest most powerful 7-8 inch tablet.

Now I'm no hater, I've had iPhones since 2007, so I have some love for Apple products. But man, they can put anything together, call it iPad mini, and people will drink the koolaid. Hell, the iPad mini isn't even as good as the Nexus 7 2012. The Nexus 7 2013 is on a different planet than the iPad mini. The iPad mini is just basically and iPad 2 shrunken down. They are up to iPad 4 !

Offline Shaiy007

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »
I don't see a big difference. My 2012 is a 16g, so I bought for 32g as not to run out of room. I do like the size difference. It's a lot easier to hold.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts