March 28, 2024, 07:15:07 AM

collapse

Author Topic: video/music from computer to nexus 7.2  (Read 5826 times)

Offline RockyRaccoon

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
video/music from computer to nexus 7.2
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
Never having owned a smartphone or tablet before, I figured it would take a little time to figure things out; and it has.

I got my 7.2 this past tues.  Once I figured out that I needed a file manager app (which I got for free at the google store) downloading music and video from my computer to my nexus was a piece of cake. 

To connect my computer to my nexus I used the charging cord I got with the unit and it seems to transfer video at the same quality I see on my computer.  For music, once my computer and nexus were hooked up, I went to 'my computer' and located the nexus and clicked it.  And then it was as simple as drag and drop. Done

For my DVD's I downloaded Handbrake and transferred them to my computer in mp4 format.  And then proceeded to do the same thing I did for my music transfers.  I watched parts of the videos on my nexus to check for quality and they came out great.

I don't know what reason I need to get a $20-30 micro usb as the one that came with the unit seems to work fine. Am I missing something here?

Offline chris198810

• View Profile
Re: video/music from computer to nexus 7.2
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:31:47 AM »
Still be excited with my new Nexus 7, the first Android tablet for me. After three-day experience, here I'd like to share some movie playback tips on the new Nexus 7 (2013 version). The almost same with yours.

Own some personal avi, vob, mkv files, I can freely transfer them to the Nexus 7 2nd as long as changed the video format to mp4 in advance. Of course, if you 've downloaded some video player app, you can play videos on new nexus 7 in extended format.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:15:05 AM »
Thanks Rocky and Chris for sharing your video and audio experience with the Nexus 7. I have found it more convenient to maintain all of my audio content in mp3 format, but depending on your choice of video player app,  you can play avi, mp4, or mkv's. I have honestly not tried vob files though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline AlexBell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »
Never having owned a smartphone or tablet before, I figured it would take a little time to figure things out; and it has.

I got my 7.2 this past tues.  Once I figured out that I needed a file manager app (which I got for free at the google store) downloading music and video from my computer to my nexus was a piece of cake. 

To connect my computer to my nexus I used the charging cord I got with the unit and it seems to transfer video at the same quality I see on my computer.  For music, once my computer and nexus were hooked up, I went to 'my computer' and located the nexus and clicked it.  And then it was as simple as drag and drop. Done

For my DVD's I downloaded Handbrake and transferred them to my computer in mp4 format.  And then proceeded to do the same thing I did for my music transfers.  I watched parts of the videos on my nexus to check for quality and they came out great.

I don't know what reason I need to get a $20-30 micro usb as the one that came with the unit seems to work fine. Am I missing something here?

Could you tell me please
- What file manager did you get? How did you use it?
- When you transferred files from your computer to your Nexus where did you put them?
- When you had your music files on the tablet how did you listen to them?

As you can see I'm quite ignorant about the Nexus 7, and am really struggling. I've got reading ebooks under control, and I'd like to start listening to music next.

Regards, Alex

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »

Could you tell me please
- What file manager did you get? How did you use it?
- When you transferred files from your computer to your Nexus where did you put them?
- When you had your music files on the tablet how did you listen to them?

As you can see I'm quite ignorant about the Nexus 7, and am really struggling. I've got reading ebooks under control, and I'd like to start listening to music next.

Regards, Alex

A little more information would be helpful, like do you have a PC? Do you listen to music on it, if so what do you use there?

If you do have a PC and use iTunes you could use this app called iSyncr to put music on your tablet, and then use Rocket Player to listen to them. The nice thing about these two apps is that they will sync your iTunes library, play counts and all, with your tablet.

There are also a number of other options that are available...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline AlexBell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 05:04:09 AM »
Thanks, rasmith. I do have a Windows 7 PC, but very rarely use it for listening to music. I normally use a small hi-fi system.

It's been many years since it I had software to get the tracks off the CDs, so I'll have to start from scratch.

Regards, Alex

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts