March 28, 2024, 09:44:14 AM

collapse

Author Topic: New Nexus 7 Drop Test Party: Beats Out iPad Mini And Original Nexus 7  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

It's nice to see that not only does the 2nd generation Nexus 7 have improved specs nearly all around, but apparently the guys over at Asus and Google put in a little overtime when it comes to improving the tablets durability as well.  As the above drop test held by Squaretrade can attest, the new Nexus 7 came away from their myriad of tests including drop, slide and dunk tests, nearly unscathed...and definitely in better shape than last year's Nexus 7 as well as the arch competitor iPad Mini.  Now of course these tests aren't full proof and there's no guarantee that if you heave your new Nexus 7 off a cliff it's going to end up in one piece.  But these tests are meant to simulate common accident situations and measure just what amount of damage or lack thereof you can expect of your tablet investment.  Keep in mind these tests are done without a case or screen protection, both of which can improve the survivability factor substantially.  Click the above link to see how the new Nexus 7 fares for yourself

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:06:30 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline nexusNovice

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Nexus 7 Drop Test Party: Beats Out iPad Mini And Original Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »
I don't plan on dropping my tablet and if I did the odds are it would probably be damaged anyway.

I wish they had spent more time on ironing out the new bugs (GPS, touch screen, freezes, etc) they introduced that the older nexus 7 didn't have.......

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: New Nexus 7 Drop Test Party: Beats Out iPad Mini And Original Nexus 7
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
Been there. Done that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229