April 18, 2024, 05:24:04 PM

collapse

Author Topic: External files not in my media library  (Read 1165 times)

Offline raztaz23

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
External files not in my media library
« on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »
Hello all,

Is there any way for me to expand my media library?
 I currently have a nexus 7 (16gb) and it's full, I have an OTG cable and various flash drives/sd cards.
I can see (and play) any files loaded onto my flash drive via nexus media importer - that's not the problem...

I would like the files (music) on my external drives to integrate and be shown alongside the files stored on my internal memory - I'm using full version of Poweramp and have tried various media players but none of them show external media in my library... Is it possible?

Thanks 

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: External files not in my media library
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »
OTG sets your tablet as the host device, in other words it reads from the USB device. The host scans the OTG device on connection and reads the content and disconnecting the device requires a new read on connecting. That said, you could try a music player like Mort and ask it to scan your OTG device, although I have not tried it. Remember that the key is that disconnecting the OTG device and then reconnecting the OTG device requires a new read of the contents therefore the media app needs to refresh the media contents. You may cobble together a way to connect OTG content, but you will not have a smooth integration, if that is what you are looking for.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline raztaz23

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
Thank you for that S.Prime, yes it's a nice smooth integration that I'm really after.
It's not ideal using nexus media importer as a direct music player (for external files)
I'll give Mort a try.
Are there any other workarounds for storing around 80gb of music and playing them via my nexus?

Thanks

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 01:32:52 PM »
Been a while since I used Power Amp but can't you chose the files path in the settings so it reads the OTG Thumb drive???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts