collapse

Poll

Will you buy a Nexus 9?

Yes!
1 (25%)
No!
3 (75%)
I'll wait till it's introduced and then decide!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Will you buy a Nexus 9?  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Will you buy a Nexus 9?
« on: September 22, 2014, 12:46:36 AM »
A new Nexus tablet...the Nexus 9 is rumored to be close to introduction and it's set to be a powerhouse with an Nvidia K1 processor, full HD display at a minimum and possibly higher and even the possibility of an accessory 'go pro' type camera that could work seamlessly with it.  Would you purchase a Nexus 9 tablet if it's introduced and let us know if you're a current Nexus 7 owner or not and if that influences your decision to buy a slightly larger Nexus 9 tablet.

If you like our community please spread the word and help us grow by providing a link from your site to Nexus7Forum.com

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Will you buy a Nexus 9?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:45:28 PM »
Probably not.  I like the fact that a seven inch tablet fits almost perfectly in a cargo pocket.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:37:39 AM »
If the rumored pricing holds true, with the 16 GB at $399 US and the 32 GB at $499 US, then my technology appetite may be on slow boil, even with the impressive specifications anticipated for the Nexus 9. Personally, I would view the Nexus 9 as a replacement for my Nexus 10 and not for my carry around Nexus 7, especially with the Nexus 7 scheduled for Android L. I fail to understand the marketing strategy on this one, so I don't plan on being an early adopter at this point, but then again my technology pot may start to boil as more information becomes available.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't understand pricing in that $399 or $499 range.  I would expect $299/$349 for the 16GB/32GB.  There are so many decent Android tablets at this point from a range of manufacturers in the sub-$400 price range that it would only make sense for a Nexus device to be below that point imo.  But I guess we'll see.  Also, with the rather large bezels on the Nexus 7, I could see HTC making a Nexus 9 that came in at not that much bigger than the Nexus 7 but with a near bezel-less design.  I guess time will tell.  I'm about due for an upgrade though so as long as it's not overpriced I'll probably pick one up.
If you like our community please spread the word and help us grow by providing a link from your site to Nexus7Forum.com

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
JayJ JayJ
2100 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1260 Posts
matt matt