March 28, 2024, 11:28:50 AM

collapse

Poll

Will you buy a Nexus 9?

Yes!
1 (25%)
No!
3 (75%)
I'll wait till it's introduced and then decide!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Will you buy a Nexus 9?  (Read 9275 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Will you buy a Nexus 9?
« on: September 22, 2014, 12:46:36 AM »
A new Nexus tablet...the Nexus 9 is rumored to be close to introduction and it's set to be a powerhouse with an Nvidia K1 processor, full HD display at a minimum and possibly higher and even the possibility of an accessory 'go pro' type camera that could work seamlessly with it.  Would you purchase a Nexus 9 tablet if it's introduced and let us know if you're a current Nexus 7 owner or not and if that influences your decision to buy a slightly larger Nexus 9 tablet.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Will you buy a Nexus 9?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:45:28 PM »
Probably not.  I like the fact that a seven inch tablet fits almost perfectly in a cargo pocket.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:37:39 AM »
If the rumored pricing holds true, with the 16 GB at $399 US and the 32 GB at $499 US, then my technology appetite may be on slow boil, even with the impressive specifications anticipated for the Nexus 9. Personally, I would view the Nexus 9 as a replacement for my Nexus 10 and not for my carry around Nexus 7, especially with the Nexus 7 scheduled for Android L. I fail to understand the marketing strategy on this one, so I don't plan on being an early adopter at this point, but then again my technology pot may start to boil as more information becomes available.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't understand pricing in that $399 or $499 range.  I would expect $299/$349 for the 16GB/32GB.  There are so many decent Android tablets at this point from a range of manufacturers in the sub-$400 price range that it would only make sense for a Nexus device to be below that point imo.  But I guess we'll see.  Also, with the rather large bezels on the Nexus 7, I could see HTC making a Nexus 9 that came in at not that much bigger than the Nexus 7 but with a near bezel-less design.  I guess time will tell.  I'm about due for an upgrade though so as long as it's not overpriced I'll probably pick one up.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman