March 28, 2024, 11:21:16 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Need help connecting Skydrive  (Read 4225 times)

Offline bushmaster2000

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Need help connecting Skydrive
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Skydrive connected up, anyone had some success with that?

I've setup a Windows Live account in settings
I've tried the FX File Explorer app and it says the Windows Live ID is experiencing difficulties, try again later
I've tried the ES Explorer app and it says 'auth error'
Neither of those two file explorer apps ever ask me for account information for skydrive

The only app i've had any luck with is Explorer for Skydrive, it actually asks for account information and connects up just fine.  Problem with it is it can't 'read' PDF files and 99% of my content up there are PDF files i need.  So this app isn't useful to me even though it works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Need help connecting Skydrive
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
I'm guessing you downloaded Adobe.  I thought Skydrive had been updated to"read" PDF?  Maybe dependent on the browser you are using.  Are there any PDF readers that will "sync" with Sky drive so you don't have to use separately?

Sorry, just trying to think of anything that would help.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline bushmaster2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »
Yes I do have the adobe reader installed.  I'm not sure if there's a sync util but I don't really want to download the contents of my skydrive onto my nexus anyway. 

I've gotten the ES and FX browsers slightly farther, they are at least now presenting me with a login page but still fail right putting in the correct credentials.  So i'm guessing ES and FX browsers need a jelly bean update.  Seems like Jelly Bean has changed some significant under the hood stuff and there are  plenty of reports in the same family of issues that i'm having.  Apps just need to be updated.

I've tried pretty much every app out there for Skydrive except the one that costs $1.99.  I've emailed them to ask if their product can view PDF files and if they work on JellyBean before i lay down my 2 bucks.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »
I think part of it is JB also.  Sorry I couldn't help.

You do have 15 mins. to use a paid app.  Then you can go back to the screen where you installed the app and get a refund.
If you could test it in that time, you might find a keeper!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline deluxe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »
OK, I know this may well be a PITA, but maybe it's worth trying.
What about renaming all the .pdf files as .txt (or something equally "innocuous" for example), then see if they will open on the N7. You may have to download the .txt/.pdf you want to the N7, rename it to .pdf, then view it.

Offline twdawson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »
Does the sky drive app from Microsoft not do what you want.

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
I use Solid Explorer beta... Let's me connect to my Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive accounts. One does it all.

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »
I just tried accessing a PDF file from my Skydrive account using the Skydrive app, ES File Explorer and Solid Explorer and was able to access the PDF doc from all 3 apps without issue.  In all 3 cases, I was asked to login to Skydrive and then when I selected the PDF doc I was prompted as to which app I wanted to use as the default PDF viewer app.  Not sure what is causing the OP's issue but I can verify that I didn't have any issues with it. 

Offline silvercue

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 04:03:50 AM »
I have no problem using my skydrive.  I use skydrive browser on my old nexus and the Skydrive app on my new one.  I have not tried reading .pdfs though.  I will upload one tonight from my PC and see if I can access from my Nexus.

Can you open PDFs from a USB with your nexus or from a NAS or share using ES File explorer?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman