collapse

Author Topic: Color?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Color?
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »
Has anyone noticed some videos/images show a brown rubber back and some show a white rubber back?  I wonder if it has to do with the 8g or 16g model.  That is the only spec difference I can think of.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Color?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:10:36 AM »
The white models are only given out during the Google I/O conference in San Fran to developers.    The rest of us can only order the brown ones for now.   Maybe in the future they'll offer another color or colors. 
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
Of course!  I am glad we are not getting the white ones.  They look okay, but would probably get dirty unless protected.  With this back, it looks like you will only need a screen protector for your 7.  Hope so, as a case or cover takes away from the form factor.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
  With this back, it looks like you will only need a screen protector for your 7.

If this actually has the gorilla glass screen, why would it need a screen protector?  Am I missing something?

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
You can definitely still scratch the glass.  When I saw the first scratch on my phone, I plasticized everything.

Then I have heard stories of people who have keys in their pocket next to their phone with no scratches.  Maybe comes down to what people consider a scratch.  If I turn a device sideways and see marks, I cry.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
  With this back, it looks like you will only need a screen protector for your 7.

If this actually has the gorilla glass screen, why would it need a screen protector?  Am I missing something?

I've covered this before:  http://nexus7forum.com/index.php?topic=121.0

Even with the 'Fit' Glass, which is a scratch resistant glass...it doesn't mean it's scratch or abrasian or crack-proof.   It helps but a screen protector can always add another measure of protection.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline trainerKEN

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
There's a seller in the local Craigslist selling his white 8gb, asking $360  >:(   I know it's a limited thing, but what a jerk for gauging the price

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman