March 28, 2024, 02:23:28 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 (Software) Bug List  (Read 3664 times)

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 (Software) Bug List
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »
I'm discovering a lot of bugs in Jelly Bean/Android/the N7. I think there are enough to justify starting a bug list.

First was the Bootloader Recovery bug. All the other Bootloader options work, but Recover reboots you. The fix is to use Quick Boot or something similar.

There is another bug that forces me to copy files and delete them (using both root explorer and ES File Explorer), rather than simply move them.

Now I've learned that the CWM backup directories cannot be deleted. I copied them to my USB flash drive, but couldn't delete them with root explorer and ES File Explorer. I deleted one from my cabled laptop using Windows Explorer, but the other 2 remained on the N7 despite disappearing from the WE file list. Thanks to Jay J for giving me the fix, a zip file to flash.

I'll add Screen Lift, too. There's no fix but to return your N7 under warranty.

So, what can you add to the list? It would help if you can include fixes to the bugs, when known. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:51:42 PM by birdastrompgman »

Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

JayJ

Re: Nexus 7 Bug List
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:53:15 AM »
The bootloader is a problem that can be fix by Google with a software update, expect it in the next update.
I'm not sure about the CWM recovery bug, assumidly it's a CWM issue and I've not used TWRP recovery to know whether it's present in that too?
I'm also unsure whether these software bugs also exist in JB on the Gnex?
At least these are fixable without the device having to be sent away, unlike the screen lift which I'm not sure should be included, one being hardware and the other being software, obviously faults but very different.

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 (Software) Bug List
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »
I agree the CWM Recovery bug may be CWM's issue, and not the N7's.  I just wanted to let folks know what the N7's issues are, but why reinvent the wheel?  Here's a complete list of N7 hardware problems.  Maybe this thread should be limited to software glitches.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:50:21 PM by birdastrompgman »
Rooted Nexus 7

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
What's nice though is that none of these bugs really effect the average user. I remember when I bought my transformer. That was way worse

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
Yes fxsarge, most folks don't have any of these issues but what a depressing list!  I would only hope that Asus is listening and will try to address some of these problems with a little more attention to QC in the areas listed.  I know they hve to stay on budget but in the wrong quantity these problems could really kill sales...

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »
I agree the CWM Recovery bug may be CWM's issue, and not the N7's.  I just wanted to let folks know what the N7's issues are, but why reinvent the wheel?  Here's a complete list of N7 hardware problems.  Maybe this thread should be limited to software glitches.

This is not a complete list of N7 hardware problems.  It is a list of 381 people that have had 523 problems.  The list would be more useful if it had one more choice:  No Hardware Problems.  The list is a small sample of XDA members and is probably more critical than the average user would be.

I think that if there were serious issues we would be reading about them on almost all tech sites on the internet.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
XDA Developers has >4,576,000 registered users.  I trust that population of critical technology geeks to come up with a pretty complete list of problems.  The media tech reporters are a joke.  Many of them won't dare criticize Asus or Google, for fear of losing advertising revenue.
Rooted Nexus 7

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nexus 7 (Software) Bug List
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
XDA Developers has >4,576,000 registered users.  I trust that population of critical technology geeks to come up with a pretty complete list of problems.  The media tech reporters are a joke.  Many of them won't dare criticize Asus or Google, for fear of losing advertising revenue.

Most don't care and are in apples pocket

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts