April 26, 2024, 08:21:46 AM

collapse

Author Topic: What Hobbies do you have?  (Read 5658 times)

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: What Hobbies do you have?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
I'm into RC trucks, hunting, and fishing.  Since I'm an engineer by day, besides the Android addiction, I try and stay away from technology.  Here's a photo of my most recent addition, the Traxxas Slash 4x4.  The only thing still stock is the frame.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:08:43 PM by arborij »
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
Sorry, here's the pic.

Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)

JayJ

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
Is that a Traxxas Slash aboriji? Looks nice mate, can see RPM front & rear bumpers so any other upgrades? Also see STRC decals...

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »
Yeah, it has a Mamba Monster motor and speed control, RPM control arms, STRC aluminum body mounts, a Traxxas fluid drive differential, Traxxas tie rods, JC tires and two piece rims, 56 tooth gear, and Integy remote reservoir shocks.  Sorry, I went a little crazy on it.  I also have a Losi Micro T.

JayJ

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 04:16:40 PM »
Mate that actually not that bad, lol. You should see the upgrade lists for my RC's and the ones I've sold.

I have an Losi LST2, Losi XXXL Muggified E-LST (project build), Hot Bodies D8Te, Mugen Seiki MBX-6Te and a Losi Mini 8ight. XXXL and D8Te have both been built from scratch and upgraded as built, both have cost about £800+ each...

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
Nice, I'm working on complete custom Axial Wraith, starting with a custom aluminum chassis, and built ground up.  I'm still toying with the electronics now.  In fact, you'll notice in the below pic, my slash has the factory brushless motor in it.  That's because I'm test fitting the Mamba into the Wraith.

JayJ

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »
Wouldn't you want something waterproof in a Wraith?
I had a Wraith when they first came out albeit an RTR Wraith, couldn't get on with it personally. I found trailing to slow for me personally and the Wraith just isn't suited to speed because of the high CoG.
I did have plans to put a waterproof Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL with a TorqueMaster Pro 540 brushed motor but decided to sell the Wraith instead, also planned on going with lots of Vanquish Products upgrades too...

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
The thought I had for the Wraith is simply rock crawling.  There are a lot of locations where I can climb the rocks, in a dry environment.  Another plan I had was to keep the truck completely naked, in that, no body parts, just the solid aluminum chassis, and some skid plates.  With the amount I will have the Mamba geared down, it'll stay sloww, but it should do the same speed pulling a house.  Remember the Clod Buster, same basic idea.

Vanquish makes good stuff, but there is a small local machine shop that custom makes parts for the Axial line, in general, and they are tons cheaper that the after market stuff.  It is still little more than at the bar napkin stage, so we'll see where it takes me.  Who knows, I may end up with a plane.

JayJ

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »
I don't think the Wraith is very suited to crawling, it's CoG is just too high. It's also too tall for crawling, you"ll spend more time standing it back on it's wheels than crawling anywhere...

It's a very strange vehicle because it's not sure what it wants to be, is it a t trailer, is it a crawler or a basher....

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
The thought is to put 1/8th scale axles and tires, mess with the suspension to give more upward travel, and some more articulation.  As you know, these things always turn to some amalgam of what I'm visioning.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts