April 18, 2024, 04:49:13 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 65190 times)

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
Kentucky is the major hub for all UPS shipping.  Just like Memphis is the major HUB for all fedex shipping. 

Mine is now in Indianapolis by the way.  I have an e mail alert set up to let me know when its delivered, i left a note on my door saying not to take it back to the distribution center. 

I will be home at 7pm, cant wait to play with it. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline DaveS

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
I am in the UK. No sign of my order which I placed on July 1st with Play. I think this launch has been handled v badly. The stores here are insisting the Play voucher IS included with store bought devices, so by buying from G/Play I got late delivery and an extra charge (shipping). Will NEVER make this mistake again......
On a more positive note, just installed NavFree on my phone. Utterly brilliant! Will add it to the 'seven' for sure.

Offline bizco17

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2012, 06:57:29 AM »
Ordered my 8gb N7 on 7/13/12 and got a confirmation yesterday (7/16/12) that it will be coming today 7/17/12.  Seems REALLY fast to me considering some other peoples experience :)  Especially when it said it would ship 1-2 weeks when I ordered it.  I live in Missouri and it was sent through the Kentucky base hub.

I hope everyone gets their N7 soon.  I can't wait!

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
Mine is "Out For Delivery" from the big town 10 miles away, as of 5:44 A.M. this morning.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
Ordered my 8gb N7 on 7/13/12 and got a confirmation yesterday (7/16/12) that it will be coming today 7/17/12.  Seems REALLY fast to me considering some other peoples experience :)  Especially when it said it would ship 1-2 weeks when I ordered it.  I live in Missouri and it was sent through the Kentucky base hub.

I hope everyone gets their N7 soon.  I can't wait!

Wow. That is quick. I ordered 2 N7's on the 12th and have heard zero from Google Play.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline Puce Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
I ordered my 8GB on July 11th and it's showing as out for delivery. I wonder if there were fewer 8GB orders than 16GB orders, making the 8GB orders more likely to be filled earlier?

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »
Mine is in my hot hands, charging.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »

I guess we have too many similar threads talking about delivery, I've seen your pic on three different ones thus far :-D

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »

I guess we have too many similar threads talking about delivery, I've seen your pic on three different ones thus far :-D

I am sure he is just supper excited! I would be too.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline Puce Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
Hooray! Mine just arrived an hour ago. If there's a sound that never fails to bring a smile to my face, it's the sound of a UPS truck pulling up my crunchy gravel driveway.
It looks great; I've flipped through one of the magazines (Esquire) and downloaded a book reading program (CoolReader). It did a system update; currently the screen shows 'Android is upgrading...".

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
Question for everybody.

Google has said that because they can not verify my ship date that they are willing to cancel both my 8gb and 16gb Nexus 7's. I decided to pick one up at Staples this afternoon, and am enjoying it already. My question is this. Should I keep them on order and resell on Ebay or cancel today?
  It seems to me that this tablet has been extremely well received and will be in short supply. I have been watching the closing auction prices on Ebay for a week now and today they spiked up alot, particularly if you offer "in hand" and world wide shipment, they are moving around 75 to 100 over MSRP. Do you think this shortage will get worse over the next couple weeks or is what we experiencing happen often in the first week of a release and the next shipment will take care of any residual demand?
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline pduffer

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »
I keep checking email for shipping notification, but it seems like everybody except Google wants to send me something.  Called Google earlier.  After an hour and 10 minutes on hold, was told that I should get shipping notice later today or tomorrow and have N7 by end of week.  Rep stated that mine would be processed as they worked through the que, and that they had finished all June orders.  I started to mention that I had read of those who ordered after me already getting theirs, but decided to save my breath as it wouldn't change anything.  At least he was able to confirm there is no problem with my order and I should have it this week.

Offline DaveS

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
Question for everybody.
Do you think this shortage will get worse over the next couple weeks or is what we experiencing happen often in the first week of a release and the next shipment will take care of any residual demand?

If the device matches the hype in performance, then they will be hard to find for a while is my take. I think the demand has been building for a really good Android 7 since the iPad was first introduced, and the Nexus has opened the floodgates. Google have clearly been taken by surprise, and so have probably under ordered.
If on the other hand you feel the device does NOT live up to the hype, move on quick :)

Offline DaveS

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2012, 10:58:56 PM »
I just had this from Google in an email:
Hello,

We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We’ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20, and Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship by next week.

I am in the UK.

Offline DeadlyAura

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
Well Ive had my pants pulled down by eBuyer, this is the email that I got, pretty much at the time when the thing should have been delivered,

"We're really sorry that the order you recently placed for Nexus 7 has been delayed. Unfortunately Asus let us down with a delivery that was due in this week.

We're hoping to have your item to you by Thursday 26th July, but we'll keep you posted if there is any change.

Kind regards,

Ebuyer Sales Team"

It would have been nice to get something before the day that I should have received the bleeding thing.  Got to wait a week now, not too happy, oh well.

Ben

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts