March 28, 2024, 08:18:21 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 64420 times)

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
I preordered in GameStop on 6/29, went there today to put more money down on my Nexus 7 (had only put down $50). So I asked, "when do you expect these things in ?", he looks on the computer and says "looks like in 2 days, Thursday 7/12". I was shocked ! It even says 7/12 on my new receipt !

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
R U serious?  That's great.....now you can take it on your cruise!  I hope Google pre-orders (me) comes through soon or at least gives us an update?
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »
Wow, this is great news...  I hoped they would send a confirmation email with tracking number before it was shipped, but maybe they'll drop them in the mail today or tomorrow and surprise everyone. 

Wonder who in here will get theirs first :-D

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:43 AM »
I am off work tomorrow and I was really hoping that I would have it.  But sadly my card has not been charged yet and my google wallet account status still only shows that i ordered it on June 27th. 

I guess my last hope is that they shipped them without letting us know yet, but I find that somewhat doubtful. 

Amazon really does have the best customer experience of any website, you find out everything right away. 

Fingers are crossed that we hear something today and get it tomorrow!!
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 08:40:01 AM »
I am off work tomorrow and I was really hoping that I would have it.  But sadly my card has not been charged yet and my google wallet account status still only shows that i ordered it on June 27th. 

I saw the charge pending two weekends ago so I thought they had already debited my account, but now that I look it never went through.  I guess they did a check to verify the funds were there then pulled it out.  My receipt shows they'll charge when it ships, so I guess that'll be my first clue when it's on its way.

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »
R U serious?  That's great.....now you can take it on your cruise!  I hope Google pre-orders (me) comes through soon or at least gives us an update?

Thanks Drew, you're right, I can take it on my cruise. All I have to do now is hide it from my 12 year old nephew. He saw my Kindle Fire, and then got one for his birthday in April. He is sooooo gonna want the Nexus 7 when/if he sees mine. Not gonna get too excited until I have it in my hands though. The guy at Gamestop said 7/12, my receipt says "SD 7/12", which I assume means shipping date 7/12. So that could either means it ships 7/12, or they will receive it 7/12. We shall see.

Even if I get it after my cruise, what a great thing to come home to :-). Hopefuilly everyong gets theirs this week or weekend.

Offline bradyfix

• "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »
been living on twitter for news, nothing yet.

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
I wonder how Staples got such special treatment...

Offline kyoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »

Thanks Drew, you're right, I can take it on my cruise. All I have to do now is hide it from my 12 year old nephew. He saw my Kindle Fire, and then got one for his birthday in April. He is sooooo gonna want the Nexus 7 when/if he sees mine. Not gonna get too excited until I have it in my hands though. The guy at Gamestop said 7/12, my receipt says "SD 7/12", which I assume means shipping date 7/12. So that could either means it ships 7/12, or they will receive it 7/12. We shall see.

Even if I get it after my cruise, what a great thing to come home to :-). Hopefuilly everyong gets theirs this week or weekend.

great news but i'll believe it when it happens

Offline DaveS

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
Ebuyer (UK) is saying available from 7/19

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Just called Office Depot and they said there was a delay and no Nexus 7 tomorrow.  I don't know if it is just a "Texas" thing or nationwide.  Their order form now says "release date to be determined" and the cart says:

Your Pre-order item(s) will be assigned to an order for future delivery based upon the Release Date.

Staples website says "currently out of stock" and you can't even place an order.  When I called Staples, they said they would only fill orders placed online with walk-in stock available only at larger stores.

Not trying to stir the pot, but curious.  My order is a Google preorder and so is my neighbor's, but we are tired of sitting in our tents next to the mailbox just staring at each other!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »
Drew, thanks for checking ;)  Also good to see someone else from Texas in here. 

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
You betcha :) !! 

As an update, an article just came out that said all Office Depots were instructed not to sell or even display the 7 until further notice, even if they had it in stock.  Maybe Google?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:18:02 PM by Drew »

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »
It will be interesting to see if "Big G" has not pulled the plug on orders from Staples and Office Depot and if they do not make sure that their pre-orders hit doors before Staples and Office Depot. So if you pre-ordered from Google Play, I would be feeling really good at this point and if you see your credit card charged by tomorrow feel really good.  ;D
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline lundjordan

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
from: http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/10/3149867/nexus-7-when-and-where-can-you-get-one
I just saw this post:
PastorOfMuppetzQ says:
I just got off the phone with google… she said for sure not today but “maybe” this week but for sure by next week…. not sure if that helps anyone…. she also said that although there are stories of stores getting it tomorrow they wont be selling it.
Posted on Jul 11, 2012 | 5:51 PM EDT

sounds more and more like Google have stalked store's inventory for a wide release but are concious of dedicated pre-order'rs. :) Between this and Google's recent 4.1.1 update, it sounds like Google is getting ready to let their baby go! Can't wait.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman