April 19, 2024, 01:07:30 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 65216 times)

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
You betcha :) !! 

As an update, an article just came out that said all Office Depots were instructed not to sell or even display the 7 until further notice, even if they had it in stock.  Maybe Google?

I was told the same thing at a New Jersey GameStop. They received a memo stating google does not want them giving out the preorders tomorrow 7/12. The gentleman believed that the release date may be pushed back a week to Thursday 7/19. This makes sense as it gives Google more time to get their preorder shipments out by 7/19 to coordinate with brick and mortar store releases. I will still be calling the GameStop I ordered from in NYC tomorrow 7/12 just to check, since my receipt says 7/12.

Offline bradyfix

• "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
Saw this post also,  preordered mine on the 2nd, no charge yet.

Google charged my card today (7/11/12.) I preordered from the Play Store on 7/3/12. This is not the initial hold they place (that already happened and was released.) This is the real charge – indicating its shipping. Yay.

D1gw33d - July 11, 2012

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
I wonder if they have more 8GB ones available than the 16's and that maybe is the hold up.
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »
Saw this post also,  preordered mine on the 2nd, no charge yet.

Google charged my card today (7/11/12.) I preordered from the Play Store on 7/3/12. This is not the initial hold they place (that already happened and was released.) This is the real charge – indicating its shipping. Yay.

D1gw33d - July 11, 2012

I ordered mine from the Play Store on 6/27/12, and they still have NOT charged my card.   :(

I ordered the 8gig machine.  Which one did you order?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:35:14 PM by halibaitor »

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »
I pre-ordered an 8 GB N7 on 6/29 from the Google Play store.  Checked my current credit card charges just now, and I haven't been charged yet.

Why would they process an order made 3 days later, first?
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline bradyfix

• "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 04:31:53 AM »
This was a post from comments on the " The Verge", I still have not been charged from the play store.
I ordered the 16 gig on the 2nd.

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 05:06:58 AM »
This was a post from comments on the " The Verge", I still have not been charged from the play store.
I ordered the 16 gig on the 2nd.

I thought that meant that YOU had been charged for the tab.   :P

You forgot to use the "quotes".  I got all excited for nothing.   ;D

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »
WTH... I ordered mine on the 27th and I have not been charged yet. What is the hold up? That can't be legit.
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »
Some people are now reporting that they are trying to change the shipping address but the google rep cant do it because UPS already has them and an e mail should be going out today or tomorrow with tracking numbers. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »
I hope this is true.
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline kyoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »
damn i got excited but just chcked on not on mine either - dont remember when i placed order whenever the keynote was

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
You betcha :) !! 

As an update, an article just came out that said all Office Depots were instructed not to sell or even display the 7 until further notice, even if they had it in stock.  Maybe Google?

I was told the same thing at a New Jersey GameStop. They received a memo stating google does not want them giving out the preorders tomorrow 7/12. The gentleman believed that the release date may be pushed back a week to Thursday 7/19. This makes sense as it gives Google more time to get their preorder shipments out by 7/19 to coordinate with brick and mortar store releases. I will still be calling the GameStop I ordered from in NYC tomorrow 7/12 just to check, since my receipt says 7/12.

Just a heads up ladies and gents. Called the Gamestop where I preordered on 6/29 (called on 7/12 at noon eastern). At first the girl said, "oh you can pick it up 7/14", then she said, "wait, I think it's 7/12 which is today". Then she said, "let me first make sure first, so I don't get in trouble". She comes back and says "there's been an undefinite hold on releasing them until they get word from Google". She then said, "I think it'll be next week at some time".

So, that's the story I've been told. I'm not terribly upset, since I was originally told 7/31, so earlier is always better in my book. Though I won't be able to pick it up next week (be on a cruise), I know I'll be able to get it when I get back on 7/22 (I hope).

Offline kyoo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
at least we know the stores have already got them

Offline winglessraven

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

Been following this forum for a while now and wasting hours searching 'Nexus 7 Ship Date', for any other members in the UK, HMV have said they will have it on sale from Monday...

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/hmv-to-sell-nexus-7-starting-next-week-1088722

Hopefully that might mean that the Play pre-orders will ship before (tomorrow???)!!

Offline edhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
I hope so. I been wondering whether us in the UK will get them later than the USA but hopefully it will be the same time.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman